kraef3

Re: Weight...

March 12th
Posted from Samsung SCH-I535
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bluskyz1979

This is my 3rd child and it seems like I gained weight alot quicker with the first two. I will be 12 weeks tomorrow 8-26-13 and I just look like I gained a little weight. Hoping I don't gain more than 25 pounds. The first pregnancy I gained 52lbs and the second I gained 39lbs. The weight came off in 8 months the 1st pregnancy and it took like 2 yrs to lose the weight from the second one. I have always been small. I can't understand why it was so hard to lose the weight for the 2nd pregnancy. I am praying this one will be as easy as the first
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
kraef3

So the past week and a half I've been very sick and because of it I've lost 8 pounds. I'm so worried now because my once baby bump seems to have gone down and I don't really look pregnant any more. Is it normal to not show if you lose a lot of weight this early?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
jessrarmstrong

I'll be 12 weeks Thursday & I've gained an up & down of 9 - 12 pounds :smileysad: I haven't been able to work out for almost a month now (when I was working out 5x/week) since I was so nauseated & now SO busy + out of practice AND I haven't been wanting much of any veggies at all, want carbs & cheesy things, and feel hungry like all the time! I'm REALLY worried & depressed, because weight has always been such an issue & struggle for me, I'm already considered overweight, and I lost so much weight by working hard to be healthy before we got pregnant & now I feel it was pointless :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
laurasmith121212

I was due march 9,.... so close to you. I wasnt showing ar 12 weeks and only had gained 6 pounds.
But
I had a miscarriage on the 29th of august.. sorry but that's why I havent been on the site.

I am changing my settings. :smileysad:
Posted from SonyEricsson LT15i
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Sweetiedaarling

I lost 15lbs in my first trimester. Ive only gained back 7 so far. still 7 to go and Im 17 weeks due march 13th. Im not really "showing" as much as my friends are right now, or at this stage. (we're all about the same due date give or take 1-4 weeks) gotta love homecoming lol but Im the tiniest of them all :/ people think Im only just ending my 3rd month.... I know not everyone is the same but I look really tiny compared to all of them.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
rhod0071

HI Jessaramstrong,

I know that the impending weight can seem scary.  I have started this pregnancy much heavier than I wanted, with a BMI of 31.  It helps to review what the components of the total gained weight are.  Remember that anywhere from 6-9 pounds will be your baby!  There is also the weight of the placenta, the amniotic fluid, your increased blood volume, and your enlarged breasts.  You can easily find a list online of the pregnancy weight distribution.  I hope it will give you some comfort.  Also, instead of thinking of food restricitions, focus on packing in as much beneficial food as possible when you are hungry.  When I think a poptart or doughnut would taste like heaven, I reach for yoguart, a glass of ice water, or something else that has vitamins, lean protein, or will hydrate me.  Don't deny yourself food, just keep it to food that nurtures you and the baby.  It seems that half the time I want a snack, I am actually dehydrated.

Also, be honest with your provider about fears of weight gain.  They should be able to lend a sympathetic ear and provide you with great advise for feeling good about the pounds you are supposed to be increasing in as your baby grows.

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 8 members 441 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: