Contributor
BCStephy22

Weight...

Is anyone else struggling? I'm not eating any differently but my running has taken a significant nosedive. Regardless, my doctor said that I gained too much too quickly. Nothing fits right now, and I just feel huge, and what's worse now is that my doctor has made me have a complex about it... What advice has your doctor given on the weight gain?
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
kraef3

Re: Weight...

My stomach got big fast so I don't fit anything either but for some reason I've lost weight instead of gained. Second doctor's appointment tomorrow so we'll see what he says!
Posted from Samsung SCH-I535
Please use plain text.
Contributor
BCStephy22

I actually had a doctor's appointment today and I haven't gained any more weight in over a month, so that's a good thing right now I suppose. I see two doctors each once a month now. I'm considered high risk for previous health reasons. Anyhow, that's exactly where I gained the weight too, tummy plus hips too. You'll have to let me know what your doctor says about what's healthy and what isn't. I'd like to know what others are being told by their OBs for a peace of mind.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
N/A
ycarattini

I had weight loss surgery last year so that I could have the chance to become a mother.  I am "showing" quite a bit, and I have gained only 2 lbs.  My doctor says I will likely keep showing much larger because of the form my body has--i.e. because my body was used to being fat and very round in the middle (people would ask me how far along i was, when i wasnt pregnant, PCOSers usually carry weight in the middle) that any fat I have on my now will retake that form and as I gain it will go back there.  

Lets see what happens..hoping to stay under a 30 lbs gain.  

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
kraef3

Doctor said he isn't surprised at all that I'm showing early because this is my 4th child. He isn't worried about the weight loss at all and says it all usually balances out in the second trimester. We found the baby's heartbeat for the first time and it was strong so he said he's not concerned at all!
Posted from Samsung SCH-I535
Please use plain text.
Contributor
BCStephy22

I feel like things started balancing out as I enter into the 2nd trimester. @ycarattini I know it must have been hurtful to have people ask you when you were due when you weren't pregnant. The good part now is that you got to a healthy weight and now you are pregnant! That's so exciting. :smileyhappy: @kraef3 My friend said the same thing about showing earlier as she is pregnant with her 4th. Something about your body being warmed up for pregnancy more than a first timer.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
laurasmith121212

To kreaf..... what's your due date?
Posted from SonyEricsson LT15i
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
User Likes Count
Users Online
Currently online: 10 members 451 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: