tara.eason

Re: How did you find out?

It was a huge surprise for us. I was being prepped to have my gallbladder out and they had me pee in a cup. The nurse came and said she had good news or bad news depending on how I wanted to take it. She said I was pregnant. I said there is no way and she said they did two tests to be sure. Needless to say I went home with my gallbladder still intact. Baby boy number 2 will be here in October. 

Please use plain text.
carriekolv50459

Both were complete surprises. My friends joke that I need a refresher in birth control!

With my oldest child, I found out through a pregnancy test at the doctor's office because I had been having extremely irregular periods for 5 months. What made it especially surprising is that they had just done a pregnancy test at an appointment I had a week prior.

With my youngest, I was having a conversation with a friend of mine about how I was so hungry, I forgot I was cooking a pancake for my daughter and it burned, I was exhausted, I was nauseous that morning, I was just feeling off. She insisted I take a pregnancy test because she "just knew" that I was. I thought there was no way, but after three positive tests I finally admitted she was right! She also predicted it was a boy well before I knew.

Please use plain text.
jennifer.chase9

Super big surprise....I had just been told in June that it would be really hard for me to get pregnant, so my uusband and I decided no more birth control whatever happens happens. Two months late I was at a theme park on the ferris wheel amd after one rotation I was really nauseous. Knowing I never get that way on any ride I told my husband something was going on and I thought I was pregnant. He thought I was crazy but three pregnancy tests late all we positive and so was I. Our little girl was born this past May and is truly a gift from God
Posted from Samsung GT-I9300
Please use plain text.
amandadwhite86

1. Complete surprise I have a 2yr old and definitely wanted to wait at least another 2years to have another

2. My then 18 month old was playing his favorite game "climb on mommy" and it seemed that every time he grazed my chest...it hurt I immediately jumped up a went to buy a pregnancy test. I had not even missed my period. I took one regular test. Left the bathroom and came back to a faint line. In total disbelief I then took a digital test, waited an AGONIZING 3 mins only to see the word "pregnant" I sat on the bathroom floor and my toddler sat next to me. We were both in shock lol. When daddy came home I handed him BOTH tests and went to bed. I'm due next week!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mzreyoung27033

Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mzreyoung27033

Complete surprise. I love kids but other people kids they get to go back. I was late and was in denial that I was pregnant so I waited a while before taking a pregnancy test and low in behold it read positive.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Party0f5

I was having irregular spotting so I made an appt with a new gyno being I just moved from New York to Florida. When they called me I went to the ladies room and left a sample. Within five minutes after my vitals were done, the nurse verified my name and DOB and asked if I knew that I am pregnant. I thought she was crazy being I have had a paragard for over 2 years and no other symptoms. Needless to say the shock wore off right away and I was set on our new little blessing. And FYI- the paragard has to remain where it is. :/
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 12 members 8,216 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: