07-28-2013 08:16 PM
07-28-2013 08:30 PM
1. HUGE SURPRISE. I'm 37 and we were planning to leave our daughter an only child.
2. Another huge surprise. We had actually left the house at 4 in the morning and driven 2 hours to a surgical center so I could get a breast lift. The nurse had me pee in a cup, came back, and said, "You're pregnant, aren't you?" I said, "Ummm, no!" They did another urine test. Also positive, but more faint. So they did another urine test. Also positive but faint. The doctor came in and explained that I could go to a lab and get a blood test done and come back if it turned out to be negative, or they could draw blood and run it at their lab. I told them to do it right then. So they went to draw my blood... and I passed out cold. I came to, and they asked if I was sure I wanted to get it done right then. I told them to just do it! They said it would be about an hour. FOUR HOURS LATER (mind you, I hadn't eaten since 8pm the previous night), they finally come back and tell me it's positive, and my levels showed I was probably 2-3 weeks along. So, needless to say, no breast lift for me for about a year. LOL
08-02-2013 10:08 AM
1) Planned, but we were unsure when we would be blessed. I had an IUD for the full 5 years and completed a bachelors of nursing degree in that time. I graduated this May, and we were unsure how long it would take to concieve. My IUD was out in December 2012, and through May I was using Nuva Ring. Turns out, not long at all!.
2) I had a feeling that I was in fact pregnant, so I bought a pregnancy test on the way to work. I had planned to use it the next day when I would be off work, but I am so impatient! I took it as soon as I got to work and it was positive! I am a summer camp nurse, so couldn't share the news with anyone. So tough! I took a picture on my phone and texted it to my husband. We are very excited to welcome our third child in March.
08-05-2013 08:36 PM
1. complete surprise.... little sooner than we planned #2..... we said #1 would be 3-5 years old... not months lol
2. My periods finally became regular after I gave birth to my son so when I missed.... uh-oh
08-06-2013 10:25 AM
08-06-2013 12:00 PM
1. Planned, but a surprise.
2. We had been trying for a year and a half. I was diagnosed with polycystic overian syndrome and had come to terms with the fact that I may never get pregnant again. I had taken Clomid to get my cycle regular and improve my chances. After having the side effect of losing my sex drive, I stopped taking it.
About 3 month after taking it, I felt like total crap one weekend. I took a home pregnacy test on Saturday and it was negative. By Wed. I still didn't feel right, all I wanted to do was sleep and I felt sick to my stomach. So, I went to my primary care dr. because I thought that I had become diabetic. She did a pee test, to rule out pregnacy and a UTI. When she came back in, she said that she found out what was wrong with me. She held up the positive test and it took me a few seconds to realize what she was telling me. I started to cry and couldn't stop. She was like, so are you happy? I informed her that I was happy, but my best friend had to have a DNC earlier that week. This was her 3rd misscarrage. The second one happened 1 month prior to me getting pregnant with my first child. So, very glad to finally be pregnant, just hate the timing.