Occasional Contributor
Annabel_52598

How did you find out?

Okay, ladies. I thought it would be fun to get to know each other, so here are a couple of questions.

1. Was your pregnancy planned or a surprise?

2. How did you find out you were pregnant?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Annabel_52598

Re: How did you find out?

1. HUGE SURPRISE. I'm 37 and we were planning to leave our daughter an only child.

2. Another huge surprise. We had actually left the house at 4 in the morning and driven 2 hours to a surgical center so I could get a breast lift. The nurse had me pee in a cup, came back, and said, "You're pregnant, aren't you?" I said, "Ummm, no!" They did another urine test. Also positive, but more faint. So they did another urine test. Also positive but faint. The doctor came in and explained that I could go to a lab and get a blood test done and come back if it turned out to be negative, or they could draw blood and run it at their lab. I told them to do it right then. So they went to draw my blood... and I passed out cold. I came to, and they asked if I was sure I wanted to get it done right then. I told them to just do it! They said it would be about an hour. FOUR HOURS LATER (mind you, I hadn't eaten since 8pm the previous night), they finally come back and tell me it's positive, and my levels showed I was probably 2-3 weeks along. So, needless to say, no breast lift for me for about a year. LOL

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
ModChristine

Oh wow!! Talk about a huge surprise!!
~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
rhod0071

1) Planned, but we were unsure when we would be blessed.  I had an IUD for the full 5 years and completed a bachelors of nursing degree in that time.  I graduated this May, and we were unsure how long it would take to concieve.  My IUD was out in December 2012, and through May I was using Nuva Ring.  Turns out, not long at all!.

2) I had a feeling that I was in fact pregnant, so I bought a pregnancy test on the way to work.  I had planned to use it the next day when I would be off work, but I am so impatient!  I took it as soon as I got to work and it was positive!  I am a summer camp nurse, so couldn't share the news with anyone.  So tough!  I took a picture on my phone and texted it to my husband.  We are very excited to welcome our third child in March.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chastinlilymark

1. complete surprise.... little sooner than we planned #2..... we said #1 would be 3-5 years old... not months lol

2. My periods finally became regular after I gave birth to my son so when I missed.... uh-oh

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
alynvelez1

1. Definitely a surprise for me.
2. I had been 10 days late before I tested (thought it would just come late) but when I finally tested it was pretty clear I was pregnant!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
teresa.mcclenny

1. Planned, but a surprise.

2.  We had been trying for a year and a half. I was diagnosed with polycystic overian syndrome and had come to terms with the fact that I may never get pregnant again.  I had taken Clomid to get my cycle regular and improve my chances.  After having the side effect of losing my sex drive, I stopped taking it.

About 3 month after taking it, I felt like total crap one weekend.  I took a home pregnacy test on Saturday and it was negative.  By Wed.  I still didn't feel right, all I wanted to do was sleep and I felt sick to my stomach.  So, I went to my primary care dr. because I thought that I had become diabetic.  She did a pee test, to rule out pregnacy and a UTI.  When she came back in, she said that she found out what was wrong with me.  She held up the positive test and it took me a few seconds to realize what she was telling me.  I started to cry and couldn't stop.  She was like, so are you happy?  I informed her that I was happy, but my best friend had to have a DNC earlier that week.  This was her 3rd misscarrage.  The second one happened 1 month prior to me getting pregnant with my first child.  So, very glad to finally be pregnant, just hate the timing.

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 22 members 2,067 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: