lve2smile

Re: First time moms?

I'm a first time mom and am in my 6th week of pregnancy!  I'm so excited and scared at the same time.  We've been trying for so long that I can't believe it actually happened!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Sunshine0314

How exciting for all of us :smileyhappy: Good to know there are some experienced folks in here, and some other folks who are new at this (myself included).  I am 6 weeks as well; getting my first sonogram August 1st.  Congrats to all :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BCStephy22

Hi! I'm a first timer! We found out a few weeks ago. 7 weeks. My first ultrasound is on July 30th! Anyone taking their husband/significant other? What are your expectations for him that day? I have a few questions/anxieties! Let me know your thoughts!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
jessrarmstrong

I have yet to schedule my first obgyn appointment, but I will very soon, and my husband will be coming with me. I think it's extremely important to have your spouse/significant other involved in it all! I know seeing the first ultrasound and sonogram will be a huge deal for not only me, but for my husband as well :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BCStephy22

My husband will be there for the ultrasound part, but I was wondering if anyone expects or plans to have their partners there the whole time. I know questions are asked about his family history but I also think my OB Gyn might want to take care of my pap at the same time. Should I prep him for that or tell him to leave for a little while? Man, I just jumped right into the personal stuff! I hope no one is offended! Just have some little anxieties!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Sunshine0314

Hi BCStephy.  My first u/s is Aug 1st and my husband is definitely coming!  I have no expectations - i am just trying to embrace this process as it happens.  Can't wait to hear about your u/s!  

Please use plain text.
lilbi64726327t

hi everyone. i am 6 weeks pregnant and a first time mom. has anybody else been experiencing morning sickness to the point where they dont want to eat anything at all and can only keep down fluids ? & has anyone else experienced a clogged mose from the progesterone ? i can barely breathe through my nose lol. Also i know its super early but any tips about labor with and without an epidural because i have the lowest pain tolerance and im already freaking out about the contractions and labor lol. im also 4"11 with a pre-pregnancy weight of 92. is there anything that can cause complications for me considering im so tiny ?

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 66 members 2,101 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: