lizbeth199571

Abnormal Pain! HELP.

I'm due March 15 so im 26 weeks as of right now... but I've been having some pain "down stairs" like if i ripped myself or if im stretching down there and its pretty painful. I feel like im constantly reopening a scab but theres nothing there? No bumps, no cuts,... nothing. I also have pain in my lower back like my tailbone area and its really painful when I stand up or readjust myself. It only hurts during the process of standing up and the first few steps afterwards and then it goes away :smileysad: help! I'm really worried and would like to know if any other soon-to-be mothers are experiencing the same pain or have an idea of what it is. 

I'm 18 and this is my first baby so I could be over reactiing it would be nice to know i have nothing to worry about but this pain is driving me crazy and I know it'll only get worse as my baby gets bigger!

Please use plain text.
jennifercairney2012

Re: Abnormal Pain! HELP.

It's not abnormal at all. Is it in your pelvic bone area? I am 28 weeks and have pain in my pelvis, lower back and anywhere else you can imagine. If I go from sitting or lying down to standing, it takes a few steps until it stop hurting so badly. I just had an OB appt. yesterday and he said it's the ligaments and bones moving and stretching to make way for baby. Call your OB if you are really concerned.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
gcarpenter19711

Re: Abnormal Pain! HELP.

Yes jennifercairney2012 is correct. It's round ligament pain. I'm having my fourth and have been having same pain since I was 5 months along. It's more of an annoyance to me, not that painful, but everyone experiences it differently. Try taking a warm bath. That's what I do.
Posted from Android 4.1
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
User Likes Count
Users Online
Currently online: 10 members 865 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: