Occasional Contributor
jasminelm

kinda gross but...

I just threw up for the first time! It was.... scary lol My phone turned beet red instantly, I saw little sparks of light as if they were coming out of my face, and I began to shake. I kinda knew it was gonna happen today, though. I gagged on my toothbrush and my mouth started watering a whole lot. But maybe it was because of the milk of magnesia I had 30 minutes ago or maybe baby didn't like the burger I had for dinner right after... or both "/ Either way, I didn't like that one bit! I'm almost a month into my second trimester so I thought I was home free... NOT! Anyone else start experiencing extreme nausea and vomiting in their second trimester?
Posted from Android 4.1
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
ChicaGirl333

Re: kinda gross but...

I did not actually throw up a lot in the early stages of pregnancy but I was extremely nauseated.  Foods I loved like salmon, quinoa, and broccoli literally made me gag just at the smell.  The constant nausea and gagging at strong smells went away at the start of my 2nd trimester.  However, I am positive that if I tried to eat any of the foods that triggered nausea in the 1st trimester I would throw up.  I am still sensitive to smells and have trouble eating if I have just smelled something super strong.

The only reason I am not still throwing up is because I am very careful with not putting foods or smells around me that would set off the gagging.  

Chiica
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
jasminelm

Re: kinda gross but...

I haven't been vomiting frequently since that incident, only one other time, and I'm in my third trimester now. My gag reflex is triggered if I brush my tongue too far back on accident. Most times I can get it back under control, others I end up spitting up colorless fluid so I'm okay with that. I'm just glad that first incident didn't turn into full-blown constant nausea and vomiting.
Posted from Android 4.1
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 26 members 3,657 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: