Occasional Contributor
dawnadeleo

high risk pregnancy

Im 18 weeks and 5 days pregnant with my 3rd child, and its a girl. Ive been high risk the entire pregnancy with every possible symptom i can have. Im starting to feel weird about the pregnancy and everything scares me and makes me think im going to loose baby Alexa. I guess my question is are there any other high risk pregnancies on here and do you feel the same???
Posted from Samsung SGH-T999
Please use plain text.
rebeccabow58276

Re: high risk pregnancy

This is my second baby I am 16 weeks 5 days and I am high risk as well. You will be concerned your entire pregnancy, but remember negative thoughts can affect how things go. Try to remain positive, God just chose us to be extra special carriers for our little ones that require a little extra TLC.
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
dawnadeleo

Im in L&D right now for more complications :/ my cervix is bleeding and i might have placentia previa and they found a blood clot in my cervix to top it off I'm already on blood thiners that I have to inject in my stomach daily...this sucks at least the baby is healthy its just me I guess
Posted from Samsung SGH-T999
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
HostTammy

I think that doctors should not tell us these things and just go about business as usual because all it does is stress us out.

OK, so maybe it's best to be informed but I'm sure you understand where I am coming from.

I was high risk my last pregnancy, over 40 and had a two vessel cord. I think I had every test possible and at one point the baby stopped growing so they considered early delivery. We were also prepared for any defects that came along with the two vessel cord. All the stress and all the worry did nothing to help the situation but I didn't know how to turn it off.

Good news is that baby was fine:smileyhappy: 100% healthy.

Take it easy when you can, think good thoughts, relax and try to enjoy your pregnancy:smileyhappy:

Tammy

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
abbey_arnold

I am high risk. I'm 19 years old and had a right ventricle shunt placed in the brain when I was born to stop hydrocephalus which was caused from me being born 4 months early and weighing 2lbs4oz and pressure from the incubator. I am high risk because of the complications that could take place with me during pregnancy. I'm hoping my baby will be healthy and I will make it out healthy too.
Posted from Apple iPod Touch
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Sara Colie

I'm high risk.  I have lupus and Sjrogrens and have had two miscarriages.  I'm now 16 weeks and 5 days, much farther along than my previous pregnancies.  I have had no problems but I still worry a lot, especially before doctor appointments.  I know that this pregnancy will turn out fine but it's still stressful.  I have nightmares about losing the baby and I freak about about small things sometimes.   

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
abbey_arnold

I hope everything goes well for you Sara!
Posted from Apple iPod Touch
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 2 members 280 guests
Recent logins:
Please welcome our newest community members: