Occasional Contributor
skalollipop13

Re: best item to have?

Aden and Anais swaddles are super great! Every new mom should have them.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
jennifer.waikiki

I actually used my bumbo when i first came home to sit on way more then I used it to nurse, so I agree this is 30.00 you can save unless you need to sit on it :smileyhappy: and you might 

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
kimberlienatalieleslie

Re: best items to have?

Ten things I have found to be necessary.

1. Tons of onesies or jumpers (Poopie diapers will spoil a cute outfit on a regular so inexpensive onesies are a must).

2. First Aid Kit for baby (Nail clippers, electric thermometer, aspirator, etc).

3. Lansinoh Nipple Protectant - for breastfeeding, I even use it prior to delivery to prep my nipples.

4, A belly wrap to help support abdomen when breastfeeding and assist shrinking of the uterus.

5. Baby Oil. cotton cap and a fine tooth comb, to help remove cradle cap from babies scalp

6. A good supportive nursing bra.

7. A bottle warmer.

8. Baby wipe warmer

9. Boppy Pillow

10. A good support system!!!!!!!!! - (My husband was great but I also had friends stop by to help cook, clean and keep me sane...lol)

A few other tips that I have are:

1. If you are going to bottle feed purchase a few single bottles instaed of buying the bottle sets, babies are really picky about what bottles they are comfortable with, so its best to get a feel for that before you invest in a particular brand.

2.  The same goes for formula, if you decide to accomodate formula with breast milk or choose to do all formula feedings, have a few samples on hand to see which one your little one adapts to.

3. The items I refused to but were binkies (Pacifiers), powders, lotions.  Wait to see how your babies skin is in its natural stat before applying products that may in fact irritate the skin.  After you see a need then you can address it the way you see fit.

Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ptg75942

I have 3 boys under 5. The one thing I couldn't live without is a carrier of some sort. With my first one I had a sling. They are wonderful but as they weigh more your back will take some pain. I prefer the kind you tie around yourself like a backpack that goes front or back cause you can use it from infancy to toddlerhood. I couldn't get anything done without this. Depending on the size of your home...I had an expensive baby monitor that I never used.
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jjanet1012

You sat on your bimbo? Or do you mean hoppy?
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jjanet1012

Boppy, not hoppy!
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 443 members 81,081 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: