New Contributor
bunnyjoy739

best item to have?

I am a fisrt time mom and would love to know the one item you think is the best thing out there and the one that I should not even bother buying.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
twins61604

Re: best item to have?

I'm a first time mom too, but have paid attention to friends and family around me.  The one thing to buy or get a good hand-me-down, is a very comfortable rocker - if you breast feed you spend a lot of time in it (i've been told).

As far as Not-To-Buy, there is this hilarious (WARNING: Potty words) blog that I read: http://www.scarymommy.com/10-things-you-really-dont-need-for-baby/ 

I hope you enjoy and best of luck! 

timestwo
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
smilyjr14

I think one of the best things to have is definatly a swing!!! Its also great if you have A TON of blankets :smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
ModChristine

For my children it was by far the vibrating bouncy seat!  They lived in that thing!  For some reason neither of them liked the swing.  Luckily I borrowed one from a friend at first and didn't purchase one.  Also, I highly recommend a video monitor.  I would be lost without mine.  There is just so much more peace in being able to actually see baby and not just hear him/her.

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
diznymomof4

Seasonal items! For example, if you'll have a baby in the spring or summer, baby sunscreen is a must. For the cooler months where germs and colds are shared more than toys, it's very handy to keep infant Tylenol or Motrin around. Someone gave my daughter in law a humidifier and infant drops at her baby shower and I thought that was a wonderful gift that most moms don't get. As far as nursery items, diaper rash treatments, preferrably all natural so it won't harm your baby's skin. One item that I had that I never used was this night time music box that clipped on to the side of the crib. It was way too loud and none of my kids liked it at all. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mlg1231

To buy: three sleep lady book - "goodnight sleep tight..." By Kim West

Not to buy: a bumbo
Posted from Sprint X325c/APX325CKT
Please use plain text.
ysaura_yvf

I bought a "itz been" baby timer. It helped me time how often the baby was eating, the last time I changed a diaper, last time I gave medication, how long he's been sleeping and what "boob" I last used, I loved it!! I used it until they were almost 2 years old, specially for timing medications. It really was 1 less thing to worry about.

After my 2nd child I found a local consignment shop and bought many things there. There's one called Once Upon a Child. they're great and have many stores around the country.

I returned a baby bottle warmer, had no used for it.

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 10 members 540 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: