New Contributor
MrsCJH

Not Gaining Weight

Ok ladies I'm 17wks and compared to others I don't think I'm gaining adequate weight. I eat properly and the doctor says the baby is growing just fine actually a little big compared to the weekly updates I get but are any of you experiencing this? I'm just a little concerned because with both my sons by 4months I looked as if I swallowed a boulder
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Sara Colie

Re: Not Gaining Weight

I'm 16 days and 4 weeks and haven't gained in four weeks.  I was also told that this is fine at this stage as long as the baby is fine.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MrsCJH

Ok makes me feel better that someone else is experiencing it too but the baby is huge so she's fine I go to the OB Friday so I'm expecting a good report thanks for replying
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
ChicaGirl333

At 17 weeks I didn't even look pregnant and had barely gained any weight.  I was freaking out and starting adding an extra meal each day until my doctor told me to stop forcing myself to eat extra food.

I am now 21 weeks pregnant and have only gained at the low end of normal (about 1 pound per week starting around week 18) and many people tell me they can't believe I am so small for being about 5 months pregnant.  However, after much concern and extra visits to my doctor my baby is measuring exactly in the normal range for growth.  

Chiica
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mizzm3n0t

Hi I'm 25 weeks and only gain 4lbs so far
Posted from ZTE V768
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
cathleen.housley

Its tottaly normal, I didn't really start gaining my weight until after 24 weeks and now I'm 34 weeks and I'm starting to gain the weight I'm suppose to. You may just not gain it until the end like I did.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
rmk3811mommy

Don't worry about it! For 1, worrying will just create stress and anxiety that you don't need. If you doctor says you're healthy, trust your doctor. For 2, with my first child, I didn't show at all until over 5 months, and even by then I just looked a little chubby. I have a picture of me at 7 months and I didn't look pregnant at all! But my little boy came out at 7 lbs and is now a perfectly happy 3 year old. Even at nine months pregnant, I was ALL belly. Nothing grew but my belly. In the end, its actually better for you, because all your weight is your baby. I lost every bit of my baby weight within a month of his birth by simply eating healthy. As long as your doctor says your baby is growing healty, count it up as a miracle! Good luck :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 9 members 202 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: