Occasional Contributor
pontipy64195

Latest and "greatest" pregnancy "complaint"

So starting this week (week 11).  I wake up in the middle of the night with achy legs. They feel like they just want to be stretched out but no ammount of stretching actually relieves them.  

Anyone else getting this?

I prefer waking up to the achy legs than what my doctor calls "vaginal lightning" twinges though.

Really happy to be pregnant, so I'll take all these aches and pains that come with the territory ^_^

Please use plain text.
ModChristine

Re: Latest and "greatest" pregnancy "complaint"

I had it with both of my pregnancy.  Restless legs.  The only thing that helped me was to get in a warm bath during the night.  It stopped that annoying feeling.  That's all I found that helped!

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
KaitlinFinn

Restless leg syndrome.

I've had RLS during my last two pregnancies and this one. It seems to get worse and worse with each one, gar. While nothing can totally relieve it, some things that help A LOT are:

yoga before bed (there are some great prenatal ones you can check out on youtube, your library, fitness tv.com or even ondemand if you have cable).

Magnesium- increase your magnesium intake. You can do this with foods or supplements.

X the Tums- calcium in excess (like if you're popping tums like there's no tomorrow) can interfere with absorption of MANY important nutrients, and can contribute to pregnancy related RLS and anemia, among other things.

a night time routine- just like with insomnia (which you may or may not have) having a routine and heading to bed at around the same time can really help. Also, eating a complex carb and sleep assisting food, turning off the tv or iphone or computer (any screen) at least a half an hour before heading to bed, stop drinking water an hour or so before bed, read or listen to soft music NOT in your bed (reserve for sleeping, not hanging out), dimming your lights or not using as many a half hour before bed (increase serotonin), all of this can all help prepare your body for sleep.

I hope that helps!

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
ChicaGirl333

Yikes.  What are the "vaginal lightening twinges?"

Chiica
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 14 members 1,711 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: