Occasional Contributor
lilymae2012

Getting a job while pregnant

Hello (:
I am 13 weeks along, and really need to get a job (permanent). I am afraid though, that I will start showing soon and even if I get a job now, my new employer will not be happy he/she just employed a woman who will need to take maternity leave in just a few months. :smileytongue: I'm the kind of person who prefers to keep others' feathers unruffled. Lol So this dilemma worries me.
It is also worrying to me because I really need to have the job to go back to after maternity leave and I am afraid they might just let me go when they find out. I had a job where they did that; once my first term at college was about to start, they told me "oh, we'll just say you were hired for a seasonal position" and let me go. (Also partly because they weren't giving me more than 4 hours a week and I told them I needed more)

I don't know if it's obvious, but I haven't had much experience with having a job or getting one (I'm 19 and school has pretty much been my main focus... Until now). And DBF would prefer me to not have to work, but living on his wages alone is getting to be too stressful.
So any advice you ladies might have would be VERY much appreciated!

Thank you! (:
Posted from Nokia Lumia 710
Occasional Contributor
jennifer.waikiki

Re: Getting a job while pregnant

Try getting a job at a daycare center, normally they do not judge if you are pregnant. Obviously I would not tell them right away. Second reason to work there alot of time they will give you a discount of childcare if you work there. I am not sure about the pay though but it sounds like anything is better then nothing

New Contributor
cassiefullen

try a work-from-home position. there are a number of positions available for people with "home offices", which basically means a quiet room with a computer & phone. basic customer service & account management positions are the most common. I've spotted a few on careerbuilder myself.
Occasional Contributor
lilymae2012

Thank you ladies! (: I will search for jobs in those areas. Crossing my fingers! (:
Posted from Nokia Lumia 710
New Contributor
cassiefullen

Good luck!:smileyvery-happy:

Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 12 members 449 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: