New Contributor
rathi.priyankaengr

Daily activity and book

Hi

I am 7 week pregnant know and this is my first pregnancy. I want to know that what should be my daily activity to keep baby healthy and which book is good to read during this time? Whole day I feel lazy and try to become happy but not able to. Please give me some good ideas and tips.

Priyanka

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
ashendricks80

Re: Daily activity and book

I'm not sure what the best activity for you to be doing daily is but I use the indoor pool at my local YMCA to walk laps and take water aerobics.  That way it doesn't stress your joints and helps support your body.  As to you feeling lazy, well you are not lazy.  YOU ARE MAKING ANOTHER HUMAN BEING INSIDE OF YOUR BODY.  That takes a lot of work.  Not many can say they made a pair of eyes today, or I made a brain today.  Give yourself a break and just rest and relax.  Its common and NORMAL for you to be tired at this point in your pregnancy.  A great book to read since this is your first is, What to expect when you're expecting.  Good luck and give yourself a break! 
Angie

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rathi.priyankaengr

Thankyou so much Angie :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
jennifer.waikiki

it isnt until your second trimester that you will even feel somewhat active. I am just now 13 weeks and can see engery approaching. Going back to the gym starting next week, sleeping is becoming more difficult as frequent bathrom trips wake me at random hours of the night. Just relax while you can and nap as much as often. Your hubby will have to help pick up your slack as you are growing his baby :smileyhappy: just want the lazy feeling will go away. being pregnant in the winter is crummy because outside activites are out ( at least if it snows where you are too) I promise your energy will come back in time. 

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
lilymae2012

My doctor told me to do low-impact stuff, like walking or swimming, and to not lift more than 20 pounds. I haven't felt like doing ANYTHING AT ALL since I first found out, though, as I have been soooo tired. I am also 13 weeks, and like Jennifer, also feel like more energy is soon to come! I am glad for it, because it has been difficult getting anything done in the house with no energy and no motivation! And I am afraid I am going to gain more weight than I should if I don't start exercising regularly as well! /).(\

The best book I have found so far is called A Caveman's Pregnancy Companion or something like that (I haven't been reading it for a few weeks :smileytongue:). It is intended for the new dad, but I found it a great read as well. It is funny and lays out everything you should know very well and in an organized way. I have heard from other moms that What To Expect When You're Expecting is a bit much for first time moms, and has the tendency to make them paranoid. So I haven't been interested in reading it. :smileytongue: The book I've been reading is very clear about the things you shouldn't do, and things that really are okay. It also explains interesting "sciencey" things, which I enjoy because I love to know things. Lol

Hope this helps (:
Posted from Nokia Lumia 710
Please use plain text.
Visitor
swimmerblue18

I loved The Pregnancy Bible, the What to expect when Expecting wasn't helpful to me at all. I would definitely suggest The Pregnancy Bible, it was and still is an awesome book. Congrats on the soon to be new addition :-).
Posted from Android 4.3
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rathi.priyankaengr

Thankyou :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 7 members 526 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: