loopy4you

special needs child birthday party

I don't want this to sound rude or ungrateful but how do you let birthday party attendees what to get the child? Often in the past I have had numerous text/phone calls/emails asking for likes/wants/sizes but she always gets toys that are pointless. I don't want to be rude and sound link gifts are expected but can I create a gift wish list (like target/walmart ) and include that with the invite with a note that says gifts are not nessary but if you wish please use the wish list? I don't want all the text/calls again. My daughter will be 3 and has no use of her muscles, but I don't want that to stop her from having normal experiences like parties. Thank you
Posted from Android 4.2
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
tiffany.munro.baby

Re: special needs child birthday party

For my birthdays growing up, I did a wishlist on a web page, so that people didn't buy me things I didn't need or couldn't use. I included a link in my invitation and said something like "You just attend the party is a gift enough for me, but if you are looking for gift ideas please visit ....." Not sure if that is helpful.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
ModChristine

Re: special needs child birthday party

My daughter is special needs and is now 6 years old.  I know EXACTLY what you mean.  This happens with us every year and why have I not thought of doing a wish list!  I think people would really appreciate a list that you have created so they know exactly what you feel your daughter would enjoy receiving that she could actually use.  I had no idea what to tell people to get her.  Like you, we would receive gifts that she could not use.  This year I thought about asking people to just donate money to a certain charity of our choice in place of gifts.  Turns out my daughter was sick and we had to cx her party twice.  Anyway, I think your choice of words is perfect...something about a gift not being necessary and that their attendance is gift enough but that you've put together a list of things you feel your daughter would love should anyone wish to bring a gift.

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 16 members 913 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: