Occasional Contributor
klsmith4005

What foods do you love and what foods are u avoiding?

so i'm starting second trimester and i've come to realize that i have a strong aversion to complex sugars, you know like cake, donuts, candy. I used to be a huge sugar fiend, but now i bite into a cake or muffin and make a face... BUT! i can sit and eat like 5 sweet oranges, fruits and sweeter veggies, OH and dairy products like icecream and yogurt i love it! I guess i'm just weirded out by the difference in what i like and dont like. Anybody else experiencing weird food cravings or aversions?

Occasional Contributor
heyhaymac

Re: What foods do you love and what foods are u avoiding?

I have alwasy been a huge chicken and turkey eater and the idea of eating chicken seems pretty gross to me most of the time!  Kind of makes me laugh really because I can't just eat hamburgers for the next 7 months!

Occasional Contributor
klsmith4005

OMG ME TOO! i feel like chicken is too slimy... even if its the driest chicken ever! and i love burgers but i cant eat them forever either!

Contributor
julia.ramus

I've always been more on the vegetarian side, but being pregnant has made me crave meat! I've also been having cravings for fried chicken, which is so not like me. On the flip side, I now cannot STAND the smell of turkey soup. Blech!
Posted from HTC ADR6300
Occasional Contributor
tromp927

I have always had a sweet tooth. Since this pregnancy I can't eat complex sugars. I want tart, spicy, meaty things. Such as pineapple, oranges, Mexican food, onions, and huge greasy burgers. Lol. I'm having a boy. :smileywink: with my daughter anything spicy tasted all wrong. I needed bland food and wanted complex sugars.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Occasional Contributor
tromp927

I would venture to say julia.ramus and klsmith4005 are having boys. Lol. Heyhaymac my prediction is a girl. Curious to see if I'm right based on food cravings. Lol
Posted from Apple iPhone
Occasional Contributor
klsmith4005

old wives tale says if you crave spice and salt its a boy, sugar and sweets girl... some food for thought for those of us on team green :smileyvery-happy:

Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 8 members 682 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: