Occasional Contributor
jessicaf86898

NT Testing

I go Monday for NT Testing... All of what I have read on the internet is pretty scary and not very informative... I am 35 and this is my first baby... So I guess Monday they will tell me if my baby looks okay? Has anyone had this done? Do you know anything when you leave the ultrasound? What can I expect on Monday.. I'm starting to have some really freaky dreams so any advise would be greatly appreciated!!
Jessica
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
christinashiels

Re: NT Testing

I had my NT scan yesterday.  If you have an appointment with you OB after, they can tell you the results of the scan, but really it is a three part test.  The scan and blood on the first day and then at 16 weeks (or 4 weeks post scan) a second blood test.  The scan is just looking for fluid build-up behind the baby's neck.  It should be less than 3mm.  Ours was under 2mm - so nothing concerning there.

If you can afford it, I can recommend the Harmony blood test.  I am not sure how far along you are, but this this test is about $800.00 and is just two vials of blood.  It checks for down's and three trisomy issues.  I got my results back last weekend on it and everything was fine.  We even found out the sex of the baby (an extra $30).

Based on our good Harmony results, we were given the option to skip the blood test yesterday as part of the integrated screening, but since this tests for spina bifeda and the Harmony does not, we opted to continue with the testing.  More information with non-invasive tests are good.

FYI, I am 37 and this is  my first pregnancy that has progressed this far.

Don't worry too much about it.  I am sure you have a perfect little bean growing and you are young!  Enjoy the scan as you will get to see your baby moving!

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
jessicaf86898

Thank you so much for the information...the ultrasound tech said the baby looked perfect so I am going with that for now :-)...I will go back and do the second blood test and hopefully it will come back with good results as well.  Its nice to know I am not the only one...I am 35, this is my first pregnancy and I am clueless...I have just moved to a new state and do not know anyone so it is really nice to be able to share my experience and worries with people who are going through the same thing.....again, thank you so much for responding to my post, you are an angel!!

Jessica

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
christinashiels

I am glad it went well! Now, just another 6 months of worrying to go! Then the rest of our lives to worry once baby arrives!

How are your symptoms??? We tried for three years and our miracle is an ivf baby! Sometimes I wonder why I spent so much money so I could be so sick every day! It will be worth it once she arrives though!!!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
jessicaf86898

Lol..you are right there!! 

My symptoms are great...makes me constantly worry if there really is a little peanut growing in there but Monday she was wiggling all around the screen for the ultra sound tech so I guess I will believe it  :-)

Wow, three years is a long time to try, congratulatiuons..when are you due?  Luckily you were trying..I didnt think it was even possible given my age and the fact that it has never happened before then one day boom you are unexpectantly pregnant..it is definitely news to swallow but I am really excited...just still suprised! Im not married so there is that stigma but I think I will be just fine, I mean women have been doing this since the dawn of time right!!!

Great talking to you about all of this!!!

Jessica

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 18 members 2,141 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: