Occasional Contributor
UniquelyInked

Eating . . . or Not Eating

This is my first time so I have lots of questions.  I am finding that I am either feeling sick (thankfully, no vomiting yet) or starving.  The problem is, when I am starving, I can't eat just anything because even the thought of some foods just turns me off.

Worry because I'm not heaing very healthy, but I just can't.

Family doc said not to worry because I need to at least eat . . . worry about healthy eating in the second trimester.

Any advice?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
a_hilbert

Re: Eating . . . or Not Eating

Eat whatever you can keep down at this point. I've lost 3lbs in 4weeks and it's not a good thing but if you taking your prenatals like you should you will get enough nutrition to compensate your bad eating temporarily.
Posted from Android 2.3
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
emilymgray3

I too am having a rough time with nausea, but I have found eating a few butter crackers at the first sign of it, followed by a liquid helps immensely. Also, small healthy meals help every 3 or so hours.
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Frequent Contributor
jessieaherold

While I cannot say that I have been really sick there have been a couple of days, Thanksgiving being one of them, that the smell of everything has made me queasy. I have found that ginger candies have helped me tremendously! I picked them up at the grocery store and they have been a life saver!  The funny thing is that normally I am not a fan of ginger at all but now I carry it with me just in case. Hope this helps and hope you feel better soon!

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
User Likes Count
Users Online
Currently online: 7 members 220 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: