ashleighhamblin

BFP on HPT, but cramps & spotting

I am 14 DPO & tested this morning because of sore bb's, but I have cramps (moderate level) & light brown spotting. My last pregnancy resulted in a miscarriage, so I am super paranoid. Anyone else have these issues which resulted in a healthy pregnancy. This will be my 2nd child & the pregnancy with my first child was not like this at all. Could it be because my body is acting like I'm going to have a period? Thanks for your help!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
ModChristine

Re: BFP on HPT, but cramps & spotting

I can only share my personal experience :smileyhappy:  With my pregnancies, I had mild-moderate cramping and brown spotting.  The brown blood is old blood and from what I was told it was nothing to worry about.  Bright red blood would be a concern.  Best wishes!

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hall_alexust33

....im so confused.....

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
danid334

As a nurse, I can tell you that you can have all of those symptoms and a healthy pregnancy! Take it easy, relax, and make an appointment with your OB so that you can see the little guy on an ultrasound to make you feel better. :smileyhappy: Don't stress out, dear.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
oneteennonebun

My sister bled for the first two months of preg. and I am proud to report he is now a very active 6 yr old. Your baby is coming relax. I had a miscarriage last year and it broke my spirit. But now I am 10wks 6days and my little baby is growing perfectly. Your baby is not your last baby. Stay calm and strong. 

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
jmvoogd

I am 16 weeks and 4 days pregnant right now with my first child and I also had quite a bit of cramping, thought my period was going to start but they didn't last long.  I also had brown spotting, especially after sex.  I had some red spotting for a couple days too which made me wear a liner, in case, but everything was fine.  I just figure that as long as it wasn't nearly like a normal period, we were good.  Hope you get some comfort.  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 1,164 members 118,591 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: