Contributor
julia.ramus

Acupuncture for Nausea and Fatigue

Hey ladies, just wanted to let you know that I tried acupuncture on Friday for my nausea and fatigue and have felt a lot better since then!
Posted from HTC ADR6300
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
emilymgray3

Re: Acupuncture for Nausea and Fatigue

I haven't tried acupuncture yet, but I have noticed that on the days I keep up my pre pregnancy work out routines up, I have a lot more energy and don't need to nap. I typically do 20-25 minutes first thing in the morning, followed by a late afternoon or early evening run.
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
jandjbishop

I am so glad there are mommies to be out there that can still work out. I have been so sick that I can barely get anything completed without getting sick. It has come and gone at all hours of the day and night. Several times a day most days. This has just started in the past week. I am hoping to be able to exercise once the sickness goes away. I wish we lived near a big city is I could do the acupuncture. If anyone else has suggestions for morning sickness I am so willing to try them.
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Contributor
julia.ramus

I've also found that keeping my blood sugar stable helps tremendously... If you're not familiar with how to do that, a key point is complex carbs and protein sources (whole grains, veggies, beans and nuts, animal products) help keep it stable, while refined carbs like white flour and sugar make it spike and then crash (which then makes me feel nauseous). Also getting fresh air helps, and not being too hot. I can't imagine going through the first trimester in the summer! You can also make your own ginger tea. Just take a few slices of peeled fresh ginger, which you can find in the produce department, and simmer in a pot of water for like 10-15 minutes. I like to add honey to that :smileyhappy:  Good luck! 

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 11 members 690 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: