New Contributor
kjohannes3

Re: Welcome to your January 2014 Pregnant Moms Club!

wow finally a little boy to the mix.  that's very exciting.  Glad to hear that everything seems to be good right now.  I have my glucose test, ultra sound and Dr appointment on Monday the 4th, so I'm hoping for the same results.  As a mom there are so many things to worry about that are out of your control.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
scudderbug_90

My name is Kerri. I am expecting my second but it's his first. I have a boy and we are having another boy.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
eklinke19821335

Hey All,

Found out back in April that we are preggo with our first after trying for about 3 years. Everything is going good with the baby. Found out a while back that were having a girl (I'm amazed at all the cute girl clothes they have in the stores! Lol!)

I'm not going to lie, even though I am very excited about her, I am scared to death. I have been dealing with anxiety and depression and pregnancy has only made them worse. I can keep them contained for the most part but sometime everything is just too much... now that I'm 30 weeks I dint know how I'm going to get through the next few weeks until she is out and I can go back on my medicines again. I decided to try this group to have some support. Don't get me wrong, my husband is awesome. But no matter how hard he tries, he will never fully understand the exhaustion and hormones. :/

I am 29. He's 30. Together for 8 years in March. Married for 3 in April. Also have 2 dogs and 1 cat.
Posted from Samsung SGH-T989
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hendrickson1976

Hi My name is Melanie Hendrickson. My husband and I are so incredibly grateful to our fantastic fertility doctor who truly helped our dreams of becoming parents a reality. I underwent IVF treatment in April of 2013 and found out we were expecting our 1st baby on May 8, 2013. I am currently in my 30 week and feel extremely blessed. We are having a boy. Preston Oliver Hendrickson will be joining our household on January 16, 2014.

My husband Edgar and I have been planning throughout this amazing time span to get our house in order so that it's ready for our son when he arrives. I love to organize and plan things because I find it to be so theraputic. So far I've given a lot of things away to Good Will to make room for this incredible new life and go with the "out with the old" & "in with the new saying". It feels great to be able to help other's during this exciting time for my husband and I.

So far we have 1 room left in our home to get redone. A fresh new wall color, & inexpensive decor help to freshen things up a bit. Plus we haven't done any major remodeling in at least 10-12 years. The overall process has been amazing and yet exhausting at the same time. We are doing our very best to get as many things in order as we possibly can.

Once the baby shower on November 17, 2013 has come and gone we'll have a better idea of what is left to be finalized. I wish all of the mom's out there a happy, healthy, & safe delivery.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hendrickson1976

Hello again this is Melanie Hendrickson,
I forgot to mention that my husband Edgar & I have 2 black labradore's who just turned 3 yesterday 11/3/13. There names are Winstead & Destiney. They have been truly amazing and very intuned with me personally since we found out in May that we were pregnant with our first baby after 10-12 years of unexplained infertility. I've been working with both dogs to get them prepared as well for this new arrival who will be with us on January 16, 2014.

So far the dogs seem fine, however bringing a baby home for the first time can be overwhelming for pets. I think our 2 will be okay. Edgar and I have a few ideas in mind for the big day when our son Preston Oliver Hendrickson is born that will hopefully help our 2 dogs Winstead & Destiney be more at ease with him joining our family.

These dogs are like our children and we love them both very much. If anyone out there has any suggestions for transitioning pets for a new baby please do not hesitate to respond to my post. Best of luck 2 all of u.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
eklinke19821335

Hi Melanie, are your dog's still very puppy-ish? If they 3 they should be reaching the point where they aren't as wired as puppies anymore and it should make things a lot easier on you with them... do you have any friends with babies/small children? Maybe they can bring theirs over to hang out and play in the same room as the dogs? That way they get used to baby sounds and playing. Aside from exposing them to babies and toddlers teaching them how to behave will be like anything else you have taught them. It will take a little bit of time but they'll catch on. Maybe make make sure to set aside 5-10 minutes each night before bed fir each dog and make it a nice experience with them. Brush them with a soft brush or just let them lay in bed with you... they'll figure it out. Just give them some time and make sure you don't set them up for failure, you know?
Posted from Samsung SGH-T989
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 15 members 3,673 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: