New Contributor
emilycartin

First time mom due date approaching

Hi all! First time mom here expecting in literally 24 days!!! Due date is 1/26/14. I have my growth ultrasound tomorrow and I can't wait to see my little prince. Sleepless nights are pretty much inevitable right now between the bathroom trips and endless thoughts of when he'll be here. Just curious.. at my childbirth classes it was mentioned that not a lot of women experience they're water breaking.. like that's more of a movie thing and all. Some have the luck to experience but not really.. is this true? Oh btw i love reading labor and delivery stories so if you'd like to share one i will love it! I have no idea what to expect or when to head to the hospital.. the whole timing connections etc..seems just too complicated for me. Like I'm really going to be thinking "oh they are 10 mins apart.. oh they are 5 minutes apart".. lol. I have been having Braxton hicks and the only way i know they are Braxton hicks is cause my belly gets really hard.. almost feels like trapped gas but that's about it.. when do I know it will be go time.. I'm so excited, want him here already! How to calm anxious-ness is also appreciated lol
Posted from Samsung SGH-M919
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lucy61179

Re: First time mom due date approaching

My first time around I didn't know what to expect either, and I lost my mom at 26 weeks pregnant so I didn't have that go to person to run to for advice. My water did not break the dr had to go in and break it once I was in active labor. As for real versus Braxton Hicks contractions I "thought" they were all real, lol. Then the night labor started I wasn't feeling well so went to lay down and my husband was nice enough to go lay down with me. After about an hour of just not feeling good I clinched onto his arm and bared down with all of my might. (He already had two children from a previous marriage) He looked at me and said "now that was a real contraction". There was a huge difference in how strong it was versus the previous ones, but to me they had all been real. We waited till they were fairly constant and headed to the hospital. This is my second, another boy, and I am due the day after you but as of last Thursday I was already 1 cm dialated so I don't know if he is going to wait until his due date. My first was 4 days early.

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 16 members 10,453 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: