Regular Contributor
HostTammy

Now This is Good Stuff!

[ Edited ]

A dad teaches his child a good lesson!

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/dad-wears-short-shorts-to-teach-daughter-a-lesson--becomes-online-c...

I think it's great. I'm so sick of seeing young girls clothing getting tighter and smaller and more revealing. I would like to think that any dad would do the same thing to prove a point.

Tell us what you think.

Tammy

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
speakeasy25

Re: Now This is Good Stuff!

Or he could, you know, actually parent.  Shaming is never a healthy option. 

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
LaylasMommy1014

Re: Now This is Good Stuff!

speakeasy25: No offence, but weren't you ever a teenager once? Do you not remember what it was like when someone told you to do something? ESPECIALLY A PARENT? Most do the opposite, or pitch a fit. I think this Dad's idea was brilliant! He didnt make a huge deal out of it, but it still made the point, which can often be more effective than other parenting measures. some people are visual learners and can see a point of view better when it is showed to them in a way that really makes a statement! I guarentee you this was more effective in getting her to dress better than grounding, a lengthy word battle, a battle of the wills, or whatever "parenting" method you think he should have. I remember as a teenager the worst thing you could experience was parental embarassment..lol

Tammy: I think he is brilliant! :smileyvery-happy:

♥ Brie ♥
My NFP Chart
Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
**Kasey.. 01/07/2003-12/24/2012. You were my heart, my soul, and my whole world, cancer may have taken you from me, but you'll never be forgotten. I have your pawprints forever on my heart.**
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 2 members 271 guests
Recent logins:
Please welcome our newest community members: