Frequent Contributor
jessieaherold

need advice... possible pregnancy after missed miscarriage and d&c...

As some of you know I experienced a missed miscarriage in Dec 2013 that ended up with me having a D&C done. My significant other and I were not happy with how the doctor handled the whole situation. So once given the all clear we decided to find another doctor and to start trying again. Met with a new doctor on March 17th and have decided to go with this doctor and took his advice to continue taking prenatal vitamins and keep trying but don't get discouraged if we dont get pregnant right away. Well here it is 4 months after my D&C and I am two days late! Before December I have never been late but am not sure what to expect after my D&C. I guess I am more nervous because of how my first pregnancy turned out. I am trying to not freak out and run to the store and buy a pregnancy test but I also do not like not knowing when I should expect my period to show up. Anyone have a similar experience or any advice? 

yhanks Jes

Posted from Nextbook 8P12
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
LaylasMommy1014

Re: need advice... possible pregnancy after missed miscarriage and d&c...

Hey Jessie, I dont have a similar experience, but i do have pretty regular cycles and was only late when I was pregnant. I would go buy a test but if you are worried about the outcome, (or nervous ) then wait until your period would be over , and then test, that way you could be sure of a more accurate result.

Your GYN's advice of taking prenatals is a good idea :smileyhappy: I take them all the time actually. They wont hurt you, they just have higher doses of vitamins (and they help me feel good ) . Considering you had a miscarriage in december, your OB/GYN will want to get in you earlier than the normal 8 weeks first appointment, to make sure you are  monitored more closely. :smileyhappy: I hope that helps some.  You are welcome to join the ladies at the monthly testing board (every month a new one is started and they test together) . Sometimes it helps to have friends in the TTC journey :smileyhappy:

♥ Brie ♥
My NFP Chart
Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
**Kasey.. 01/07/2003-12/24/2012. You were my heart, my soul, and my whole world, cancer may have taken you from me, but you'll never be forgotten. I have your pawprints forever on my heart.**
Please use plain text.
Frequent Contributor
jessieaherold

Well as much as I wanted to wait another day or two I went and bought a pregnancy test and took it this morning. My boyfriend and my step daughter don't know yet but there they were two pink lines!!!!   Looks like we will be taking this ride again!!!!  I am super excited and nervous at the same time because of what happened the first time around but trying to remain positive!!  And of course I went to call the doctors office this morning and they are closed on Thursdays so I guess I will have to call them tomorrow.  :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks for the advice!!

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
LaylasMommy1014

congrats Jessie!! :smileyhappy: Thats super exciting!! I have to test tomorrow myself.. I'm super nervous because I had stage zero cervical cancer in december, and want to have my first all clear pap smear in May, I am on the pill as well,

Please keep us updated :smileyhappy: I'm excited for you hun!

♥ Brie ♥
My NFP Chart
**Kasey.. 01/07/2003-12/24/2012. You were my heart, my soul, and my whole world, cancer may have taken you from me, but you'll never be forgotten. I have your pawprints forever on my heart.**
Please use plain text.
ModChristine

Yayay!  Congrats! :smileyhappy:

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
Frequent Contributor
jessieaherold

Thank you everyone!!   I will keep my fingers crossed for you Layla'smom!  I am super excited about telling my boyfriend tonight and it will be even more special for us as his daughter is spending the weekend with her moms side of the family. So we can celebrate by going to dinner, after we get off work because we both work all weekend. I can't wait!!

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
LaylasMommy1014

Did you tell your BF? how did it go?

I got my period so I'm in the clear :smileyhappy: much to my husbands disappointment..but he knows we aren't trying yet..but everytime theres a slight chance, he gets excited. lol

♥ Brie ♥
My NFP Chart
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 1,173 members 193,397 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: