Occasional Visitor
sjoannroberts

anxiously waiting

hi everyone, I've been reading a lot of your chats, but have never actually written on here yet. This my husband and mines second month ttc. I find the worst part is the waiting and dissapoint when your period comes. Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with the anxiety of waiting and then disappointment when it doesnt happen?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mo2ttc

Re: anxiously waiting

Hi....my husband and I have been ttc for 10 months now...so I know just how frustrating it is. What I've started doing is during the day (while the kids are back at school now) my sister n law and I are getting out and walking and doing some exercising. Her to get back into shape after having 4 kids and me to help getting my mind off of things. I'm in the wating part of my cycle right now too so the best advice I can give you is to do something to get you out of the house and clear your mind. Weather it be walking and exercising or having a girls day with ur friends...just do something to help take ur mind of of things. that is the only thing that I have found that helps me. Good luck in your journy ttc :smileyhappy:

*Andrea*

Please use plain text.
ModChristine

I agree with the above post.  When we were ttc and in the 2 week wait, I would just try to stay busy to keep my mind off of things.  When I would get my period, I would be disappointed but try to just look ahead to the next month.  I know it's hard.  Try to stay relaxed as much as you can and keep active and busy.  Best wishes in your ttc journey!  ~* baby dust! *~

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
cassie186

This might sound really weird but when we were TTC for #1 I never really thought of it as TTC. I don't know if that sounds bad or not? I really really really really really wanted to have a baby but I also didn't want the whole stress around ovulation tests, etc. I think part of the reason that I never really thought of it as TTC too was because my doc told me she was 90% certain I had PCOS and I definitely had the health history to support that. I suppose this did help me some too because I also never really KNEW when I would have a period or any of that good stuff, and there was some disappointment when my period would start.

What I ended up doing though was to work on me- get myself healthy, exercise to blow off stress, and we DTD a lot more often than we were previously which helped a lot, LOL. It got my body to a point that it started to ovulate more regularly, because I was taking better care of it, and boost our chances of success. If I remember right it took us around 8 or 9 months before we stopped TTP that I had a BFP. I'm really grateful now for that long wait- I would have rather gotten pregnant right away and had that baby but because of some circumstances when DH graduated from school and with his first job, the timing was perfect for us and he started his current job 2 weeks exactly after DD1 was born.

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
User Likes Count
Users Online
Currently online: 7 members 201 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: