Occasional Visitor
jazmin_19

What can I do??

Hi everyone! :smileyhappy:

I've been trying to get pregnant for a while now. About 4 - 5 months, I know it's not a long time, I get that. But my main issue is that I don't have regular periods. Never have, ever since I started at 13. 

So for 8 years now I've had funny timings, sometimes they occur every month, and the longest I've been without one is 6 months. On average it's every 2-3 months. (Been to the doc, she says there is nothing wrong with me, it's just how I am)

So, how am I meant to know how to get pregnant? Ovulation kits are expensive, and never  

knowing what's happening in my body means I would end up spending a lot of money on the kits when they might not even help me. 

All the advice I find online, is made for women with regular periods, which is no help at all!

Please say someone out there has had the same experience as me??

Me and my hubby really want to start a family, but I just need some helpful advice... (Just having regular is an option that we are already trying!)

Thank you,

Wanting-to-be-a-mummy, Jas xxx

Super Contributor
nursetara3

Re: What can I do??

Although our experiences could be totally different. I have only had irregular periods after stopping BCPs. My husband and I also have unexplained infertitly. Irregular periods like that can be from annovulation (not ovulating). If I were you I would seek a second opinion from an OB. That doesn't seem like a very good answer that everything is just normal without more information. Sure irregular cycles can be normal for some, but is also a red flag for irregularly ovulating. Yes, 4-5 months isn't that long for someone less than 35 TTC, but because of the irregular periods I wouldn't wait it out for a year. You could try charting your BBT (basal body temperature) to see if you can track your cycles better. All you need is an inexpensive thermometer. I like using fertility friend (FF) which is free unless you choose the VIP plan. You can use it to chart your temps, signs through out the month, cervical mucous,..the list goes on. Hope that helps. 

Frequent Contributor
amontes11051

Re: What can I do??

Sounds like me! I have PCOS which means I ovulate 1-2 times a YEAR!!! I was put on Metformin and Clomid. Go speak with a different doctor. Irregular periods like that are NOT normal and make getting pregnant very difficult to track.

Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
User Likes Count
Users Online
Currently online: 13 members 746 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: