Frequent Contributor
amontes11051

Re: The Luck of the Irish Month Board (March)

Alix- While reading this I was thinking, "Wow, she probably shouldn't be going to the store when she's on bedrest." Then I read what you are doing this weekend. You should maybe speak with your doctor about this because I was under the assumtion that bedrest meant bedrest. Like only get up to go to the bathroom and shower and that's it. Not baby shower and wedding. If it were me I would speak with my doctor. I wouldn't want anything to happen.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
elafunie

[ Edited ]

Hello Ladies :smileyhappy:

I'm hoping to catch up, just realized I hadn't posted since the Feb board. My birthday was Fri and our plans were put on hold. DH's Aunt passed away and we had her services over the weekend. He also got a second job at Lowe's working nights and Sats. He was on Mon and last night, off tonight through Fri. He bought me a Carvel cake, but we still haven't had a chance to eat it yet. Hopefully we'll make up some family time when Lucas and I come back from my parents tomorrow.

I'll be back to read...

Love and ((HUGS)) to you all ♥

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
alix_michelle

Alexx: I'm using a wheelchair as much as I don't want to. And I use the motorized carts at the store. I did clear the wedding with my dr. That was the first thing I did. She said since it was in town I was allowed to go as long as I take it easy and the baby shower will be in my backyard since I was put on bed rest. It's just I get tired really easy now and I know I'm gunna want to sleep 10 min into the party.

Nicole: happy birthday! I'm so sorry about your aunt. I hope you get some family time soon.

Afm: I think my hands hate me. I have crocheted 2 pairs of boots in 3 days. And I found something to make them wearable outside but crocheting that is difficult and now my hands hurt. Time for a break!

Alix
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
elafunie

[ Edited ]

Thanks Alix ♥ I know you want to keep your hands busy, but yes you DO need a break. I know what you're going through with bedrest. Please be careful though hun. You can't be going to the store. Wow, a rehearsal dinner, wedding and baby shower! Seems like an awful lot to do when you're not supposed to be moving around. Oh I see, at least the shower is at your home, you can sit the whole time. Same with the dinner, no getting up. And, no dancing for you at the wedding :smileywink:  I thought I could do more than my body was ready to allow me, my doctors always scolded me when I made light of the two words together, BED AND REST, you have to be strict about it. Keep Bryce in there as long as possible. Although 6 pounds is great, that's how much Lucas was when he was born at 36 weeks :smileyhappy: How are the pains?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
alix_michelle

Nicole: I would love to dance at the wedding but I know I can't, and I'm not going to be moving much at any of the functions but I will go. My dr said as long as I'm not up too much from the chair. Bed rest is the worst torture for a person. I like to be active not sitting around feeling useless. The pains aren't as frequent but they are atill there. I find myself taking a shower in the morning then around 4 or 5 I take a warm bath, it helps to relieve some of the pressure and pain. My back is not going to stop hurting and when Bryce moves a certain way I get really sharp pains near my bladder, I think he's hitting something he shouldn't be.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
elafunie

Brie: Oh I remember Aaron's rotten milk breath :smileytongue: Oh I hope Layla's talking delay has to do with her hearing and it will be resolved. Have you tried to get her in sooner for the appt? Her doing so well with her milestones and socialization with other children is a good sign :smileyhappy: Did you ever get to have your much deserved bath? It's heavenly to pamper yourself and have that "me" time :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
elafunie

[ Edited ]

Alix: I know, becoming a mom makes you an even more of a "busy body" believe me :smileywink: I was going bonkers lying around all the time. I'm glad the bath helps with your discomfort, I was taking a lot of those in the last weeks. He's all cramped up in there, they just run out of room and don't know where else to go so you feel every single movement or adjustment they make.

Ok, I have to get back to work again :smileywink: I'll be back...

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 1,204 members 179,858 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: