Regular Contributor
MommyAmy

Re: The Luck of the Irish Month Board (March)

Alix - They really are worth it... just so amazing and wonderful. If you ask the degree of your tear that should tell you how bad it was. There are 4 degrees... I had a 4th degree so I really did rip like you were describing. I had to go to the OR and it took an hour to stitch me up. My words of advice on the after... boppy pillows are great for sitting on to keep pressure off the area. And when you have a bowel movement take some tissue and lightly press on the area in between to give it support... that one I do wish I had been told sooner.
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Posted from Samsung SPH-L710
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
peanuut

Congrats Alix. I hope recovery goes fast. Don't forget to take the stool softener and all the spray bottles, tuk pads and numbing spray the hospital provides. And if they don't get some they help a lot.

Tara: sounds like round ligament pains to me. With Kale I was doubled over because of the stabbing pain. The only thing that helped was laying down and not moving. With Mia I had them a lot sooner and more frequent but not as intense. It's a very scary pain to have.
Haley
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
elafunie

Congratulations Alix! Welcome to the world Bryce :smileyhappy: <3
Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Posted from Amazon KFJWI
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
elafunie

HAPPY 18 weeks Tara :smileyhappy:
Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Posted from Amazon KFJWI
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
elafunie

[ Edited ]

Alix: I know the tears are not fun and you have to give yourself time to heal. Amy had great advice, I used one of those hemorrhoid pillows and sitz baths are the best. It's true, they turn down the dose of your epidural so you CAN feel through the pushing. Bryce is a really good sized boy for 37 weeks, beautiful picture, so glad he's healthy and strong :smileyhappy: he shares his birthday with my mom :smileywink: are you nursing him?

Lucas is 9 months today, 5 teeth now!

Haley: great to see you! Our babies grow so fast huh :smileywink: How's kale doing as a big brother to mia?

Posted from Amazon KFJWI
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
LaylasMommy1014

Tara: I agree with Amy, sounds like you are experiencing ligament pain. Mine was so sharp and almost felt like I was ripping in half at times. For sleeping, I propped myself into a half sit/half lay down, and used a prenatal body pillow. It really does hurt!! No one told me exactly what ligament pain felt like.. I couldn't breathe or move! They thought it was my gall bladder going at first!

AlixL Congrats momma!! He is gorgeous!! Super excited for you!! Recovery should go smooth as long as you use the sprays and etc. I didn't tear but a small one up by my ureathra and recieved one stitch. But it takes about a year for your body to truly recover, which is why they don't recommend a pregnancy before the baby is a year old..its too taxing on your still healing body. The pains should subside after a week or two. I think I felt pretty normal after 2 weeks, outside of PP bleeding. I also have 17 stairs and two dogs to take care of and felt well enough to do it on my own after a week :smileyhappy: You can do it!

♥ Brie ♥
My NFP Chart
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
**Kasey.. 01/07/2003-12/24/2012. You were my heart, my soul, and my whole world, cancer may have taken you from me, but you'll never be forgotten. I have your pawprints forever on my heart.**
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
LaylasMommy1014

[ Edited ]

alix: I updated our "born list" and added Bryce and his Bday! Congrats!

Btw: We had a crazy week with JD here, but had a blast. I went to the chiropractor for my back yesterday. No pinched nerves or slipped discs! Just sprained a ligament in my back when I fell and It was trying to heal so I was locked up; which is GREAT NEWS because I was thinking I had done so much worse when I fell! I still havent gotten AF and still having some pelvic pains but we are thinking thats more related to the whole back thing right now, as its all kind of connected and I only get the pelvic pains when my back is feeling "locked up". Still having to go quite a bit. I'm on my final week of pills, so I'll know for sure by next monday! I didn't go have a blood draw done because I was so busy with JD this week and now I have two mid terms to study for to take this week. I feel ok about that so not stressed or anything. I don't "feel" pregnant, although some smells (a wings place at Wild adventures and corndog stand made me gag lol) are bothering me.. I'm not as tired anymore either. Time will tell. I haven't missed a single pill this month and I havent had any spotting :smileyvery-happy: If i dont get AF this month as expected, I am calling Dr. M asap.. I just think the miss and double, then remember, then miss and double, had me all messed up last month. I still have a POAS test here at home if I dont get AF as expected.

♥ Brie ♥
My NFP Chart
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
**Kasey.. 01/07/2003-12/24/2012. You were my heart, my soul, and my whole world, cancer may have taken you from me, but you'll never be forgotten. I have your pawprints forever on my heart.**
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 34 members 3,514 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: