Regular Contributor
MommyAmy

Re: September Board

Alix- It's a crock pot recipe, so you start it earlier in the day and it's done at dinner.  You just put everything in the crock pot and then turn it on.  You don't need to cook the chicken before you put it in, it just cooks itself.  You could probably cut the recipe in half and simmer the sauce and cook the chicken seperately if you wanted it without the crock pot, but I have not tried that so I have no clue if it would work for sure.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Super Contributor
alix_michelle

Amy: we just ate and the chicken was amazing!! I didn't use the garlic or onions. I can't eat garlic it gives me heartburn so I put a little bit of garlic salt on the chicken. Me or the dh don't eat onions so I just left that completely out. I need to start looking up more crock pot meals, they are so easy to make!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Posted from Apple iPad
Regular Contributor
MommyAmy

Alix- I have a couple others I've done that I really liked, I can try to find you a link or two. Glad you liked it! Here is a recipe from an old blog I've done for corn beef and cabbage (some of these recipes will work their way over to my new blog eventually when I haven't cooked that week.

http://msflutterbycooks.blogspot.com/2010/03/crock-pot-corned-beef-and-cabbage.html

Here are three other recipes I've done before and I really liked all of them. I have them pinned on pinterest.

http://www.mychocolatetherapy.com/2012/01/crockpot-chicken-tacos.html

http://www.allkindsofyumm.com/2011/10/crock-pot-breakfast-casserole.html

http://therecipecritic.com/2012/11/slow-cooker-beef-and-broccoli/
Super Contributor
alix_michelle

Amy: Thank you! I've been on Pinterest looking stuff up but I keep getting sidetracked haha. I will take a look at the ones you posted!
Posted from Apple iPad
Regular Contributor
MommyAmy

Alix- I have a board with food I've tried (and one with food I want to try) on pinterest. http://www.pinterest.com/msflutterby/boards/ You should be able to see all my boards there. :smileyvery-happy: I had the left overs with mashed potatoes tonight, it was REALLY good. I can't decide if I like rice or mashed potatoes better with it.
Super Contributor
alix_michelle

Amy: I will look at that on my lunch break today. The dh is on 12 hour shifts so he won't be home when I come home for lunch. I used spaghetti noodles yesterday. It's all I had. I didn't have the energy to walk to the grocery store. I'm still worn out from working the half marathon on Saturday. That is a day I don't want to ever repeat!

Alix
Posted from Apple iPad
Super Contributor
LaylasMommy1014

Tara: I can cook.. i just am sooooo disaster prone, i ALWAYS mess up something! lol whether I drop it, burn it because I forget (or get busy dealing with layla), or etc. I mean i am so clumsy, I can getting ready to drain perfectly done pasta, or made pasta and end up  dropping it on the way to the sink or the table...lol. It never fails! EVER. DH finds it amusing..i find it annoying.

Amy: DH wasnt too keen on the chicken, but I thought it was good :smileyhappy:

Alix: I agree with Tara, the murmur may have just shown up now, due to the extra blood going through you during pregnancy. If it wasnt picked up at MEPS when you joined, it probably wasnt an issue like your doctors had said. Most at birth murmurs do close.

I still need to reply to your message, Its been a crazy weekend in our house, and Layla is being a buttmonkey the last few days.

afm- Layla is walking pretty well now, and gaining more confidence as she does it. She still loves to crawl because its faster, but she walked alot yesterday. So proud!!

I am needing to order her cake and party supplies now for her party :smileyhappy: ladybugs..of course. :smileywink:

well shes having a fit because im not in her plain sight and she wants me...

♥ Brie ♥
My NFP Chart
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
**Kasey.. 01/07/2003-12/24/2012. You were my heart, my soul, and my whole world, cancer may have taken you from me, but you'll never be forgotten. I have your pawprints forever on my heart.**
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
User Likes Count
Users Online
Currently online: 9 members 517 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: