Super Contributor
LaylasMommy1014

Re: November board

Amy: Turk is very special to me and DH, he is what started our relationship and we definitely feel like hes our kid.  Kasey saved my life, and I loved her more than anything for a very long time.. I'd give anything to have her back, but of course, thats nearly  impossible. I worked in rescue for years, and I hate it when people view their pet as "just a dog". It seems to just make them like "oh, thats just a purse" "or just a couch, bed etc".. Your pet should be special.  Especially if they came from the shelter or rescue. Someone else gave them up because they weren't special or whatever. idk. I don't baby my dogs, but I do believe they are family. I feel horrible that I can't feel that way about scarlett and therefore, I dont believe I should keep her.. I do care for her, but I dont at the same time because she really drives me crazy and is always eating things she shouldnt.

Alix: Your DH needs to get over himself!! Oh my goodness! The man is a medical professional, he's seen a million hoo hoo's in his career, im sure. That is ridiculous.  If he was some creeper who enjoyed sticking his fingers up you in uncomfortable ways for his pleasure, I highly doubt he would still have a medical license! He was trained in that field, its not like hes a random off the street person sticking fingers inside you.He really needs to get over himself because what if your doctor isnt on call when you go into labor and a man has to attend? 

It is uncomfortable when you do have a man doctor, but you'll adjust. I have always had Dr. M, until I got PG, and several of my appts she was on call at the hospital and was gone when I had my checkups. I had several men doctors at the practice, and you know what? They were excellent!!  In fact, I even liked one of them so much, I refused to be induced unless i either had him or Dr. M. luckily, i didnt need induced and doctor m was on call! I did have a male  for my epi, and etc.  He is really going to accept that and quit being jealous.  An old coworkers husband got so jealous of his wife having a male nurse come to check her, he got asked to leave the premises!

Tara: I've had these feelings about Scarlett, pretty much since about 2 days after I got her. I thought it'd go away as she got older and matured..but shes gotten older and not matured any lol.  She just doesnt have what I want in a personality in my dog.. Turk has it, Kasey had it.. Scarlett just doesnt have it..and shes either too inbred to  get it or is really just missing a few screws. Not sure which.

♥ Brie ♥
My NFP Chart
Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
**Kasey.. 01/07/2003-12/24/2012. You were my heart, my soul, and my whole world, cancer may have taken you from me, but you'll never be forgotten. I have your pawprints forever on my heart.**
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
nursetara3

Brie- That's tough. I get it though. Super frustrating, too. Hope you can figure out what will be your best plan of action. 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
alix_michelle

Tara: I'm hoping the same thing! Peanut needs to cooperate I've waited patiently for this day!!

Brie: there is no reasoning with him right now. He's weird but I'm ok with it. He doesn't know that if our dr isn't on call when peanut wants to make an appearance we might have a male dr. I'm sorry about your dog :smileysad: I really want to get rid of Belle but I can't make myself give her up.

Alix
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Frequent Contributor
amontes11051

Hello everyone! Sorry I haven't been on in so long. A lot has gone on. 

I got a HUGE promotion at work and I work graveyard now. So I will be posting really late at night/early morning from now on. lol

Started Clomid on cycle days 5-9 of this cycle and have been busy baby making for a couple weeks. I have been talking ovulation tests regularly and they are all negative BUT I didn't take one yesterday or today and I have been having consistent cramps on my lower right side and kind of in the middle. So, I told DH and we got busy and hopefully there is a baby in my near future! I'm not really sure when I'm supposed to test...i'll just wait until the end of the month...I'll test 11/28.

Also, Booger is 5 today!!! Happy Birthday Mr.!!!

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Mommagiggles

Hi everyone!  Sorry I didn't really post much this past month!  I had gotten my AF October 12 but I also had out of town visitors at my house visiting the kids for the fall events and halloween.  It's so nice to have my house back to myself!  :smileytongue:  Anyhoo, this month we tried something a little different since we have been trying since July.  I took mucinex right after my AF ended in October up through ovulation.  I had a sneaky suspicion that it worked and took a hpt this morning (I'm not due my AF until sometime between this friday and next tuesday) and there is a very faint line!  I thought I would share with you!  So my EDD from what I am gathering so far is 07/19/2014.  :smileyvery-happy:  I am one happy chick over here!  How are all of you ladies doing in your TTC journey?  

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
MommyAmy

[ Edited ]

Alix- Hope your appointment went well.

Faith- Congrats!  How exciting!

AFM- Had my first appointment earlier.  Got all teared up driving home again... that first little heart beat on the monitor gets me every time!  I'm measuring to be due June 27th, so right around what I figured.  Go back Dec 11 for my 12 week ultrasound stuff.  :smileyvery-happy:  So exciting. 

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Mommagiggles

Amy - I'm glad your appointment went well!  It's always nice to see and hear that little heartbeat for the first time!  :smileyvery-happy:  You are only due a few weeks before me so we can be preggo buddies!  :smileyvery-happy: 

Alix - I hope your appointment went well!  Please keep us updated!

AFM - DH doesn't want to spill the beans to family or friends until I am at least 12 weeks.  This is going to be so hard for me as my mom and my sister (who is going to be the godmother of this baby) both have stated to me that they want to know RIGHT away....but I'm trying to respect what my husband has asked of me.  I'm also worried about showing sooner than I have before b/c this is my 3rd pregnancy.  The one good thing we do have working in our favor is that we do live 1 1/2 hrs away from our family so it's not like they will be able to scrutinize me everyday.  (They knew we were trying for another baby)  I can't wait to make my first appointment and see the little peanut's heartbeat!  :smileyvery-happy:

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 11 members 621 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: