Super Contributor
LaylasMommy1014

Re: November board

[ Edited ]

Tara: I dressed her as a pumpkin and had a tutu made up :smileyhappy: But since i had class, it was up to chris to really do anything, and I knew he wouldnt.. lol. his theory is "she wont remember, so why do it?". However, since I wont have classes next year, I already have her a costume picked out. :smileyhappy: an Anne Geddes Ladybug! :smileyvery-happy: Chris did take her to the man next to us, who loves her because the Eric clapton song, and then the indian couple ..he said they fussed over her and pinched her cheeks. LOL. Im sure she was thrilled about that. Sad I missed it, but had to do what I had to do. I dont like missing classes so I didnt.

Alix: See, I was spoiled. I had ultrasounds at 9 weeks, 13 weeks, 19 weeks, and 23 weeks. As well as an emergency one at 35 weeks, and one at 40weeks 3 days ...which at that point you couldnt see much except her buttcheeks. lol. Which she loved showing off any time I had an ultrasound. :x But  the ones at 13, 19, and 23 weeks were all from the genetic testing and monitoring at the MFM.  SO worth it..and if we have another Im definitely getting that done again. I couldnt go without seeing her. Im guessing you and DH had never decided on the genetic monitoring.

afm- Between a teething baby and my dogs acting up..I think i will go crazy. I really spilled my feelings about Scarlett to DH last night, and he asked me if I would consider finding her another home. I really like her but she drives me insane because she is so quirky and such a nervous nelly that she paces constantly.  Her personality is just not what I want in a dog. I feel like you should be crazy about your pets, they should be just like your children, or else you aren't giving them the best home possible. I absolutely feel that way about Turk.. and I loved Kasey more than life itself. Scarlett is just a dog and I hate feeling that way, but i can't move myself past it, I feel she would do better with someone who could be Crazy about her quirky self and love her more than life itself. I simply can't.  So I think I may try to find her another home. Its just hard to do at the same time because i worked in rescue and feel guilty.

♥ Brie ♥
My NFP Chart
Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
**Kasey.. 01/07/2003-12/24/2012. You were my heart, my soul, and my whole world, cancer may have taken you from me, but you'll never be forgotten. I have your pawprints forever on my heart.**
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
alix_michelle

Brie: We did decide on doing the genetic testing even having a heart scan because of my heart murmur. My dr agreed but never scheduled us. I am having a talk with her on Wednesday and I'm thinking about changing my dr. I know my dh doesn't want a man but that's the only other now available in the clinic we go to. And I know my insurance will take forever to change it. I hope we can still do the gentics testing or if its too late I will be upset. I know next time if we are still here I will not go to this dr again. She is not a very good people person. I thought it was just me being nervous for that first appointment but she acted the same way on the last one and kept her face glued to her laptop that she brought in. Time to talk to the dh and ask what he wants to do.

Afm: I need motivation to clean my house. I just vacuumed and now I don't want to do anything else. Maybe a walk will help give me some energy to finish cleaning.

Alix
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
MommyAmy

Brie- I love my dogs, don't get me wrong... but they are just dogs to me. I don't think it is possible for me to love a dog as much as I love my kid(s). And well, I'm pretty fed up with mine too. I don't think I could possibly find him another home though. He's about 9+ years old and was so starving when we got him 6 years ago that I just couldn't do that to him. We are his people now and he already had people get rid of him once. :smileysad:

Alix- I'm not sure why your DH doesn't want you seeing a male doctor, but if you don't mind seeing one then I would see him. I am not a fan of seeing them myself, I have a hard time talking to them the way I do a female, but that's true in general for me. (other then my hubby that is)

AFM- I am tired. I am hungry. And I am super excited for my appointment next week to see more about where I am at. My sister in law broke some ribs as well as the two vertebrate, she's still in the hospital. They are going to want to rely on me for help, but that means getting to their house well before Nathan wakes up normally and spending most of my day there. I don't know if I can handle that as much as I want to. I'll do what I can.
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
alix_michelle

Amy: My dh doesn't want another man looking at me. He is very jealous. I would be uncomfortable talking to a man too but if he does his job and makes his patients comfortable I will change drs. I'm sorry about your sister in law. I don't think I would have enough energy to go from her house to mine all the time. I barely have the energy to walk to and from work and it's just across the street.

Brie: I know the feeling about the dogs. I feel the same way about Belle. I love her but she is too jumpy for me. She won't just lay with you she has to be getting into everything.

Alix
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
MommyAmy

Alix- You might want to have a talk with your DH about that jealousy, one it's a doctor, and two if he trusts you that should never be an issue. Hopefully they will be able to get someone else to help part of the day and then I can get there after Nathan wakes up.
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
alix_michelle

Amy: He trusts me...it's other men he doesn't trust. We have talked about it. I hope they can get someone else to help out too.
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
nursetara3

Brie- I know what you mean about doing what you got to do and just doing it. Still sucky to have to miss out though. You can always dress her up and take pictures for yourself. I love our dogs, but also have the same feelings about them some time one more than the other. We have a highly energetic dog that is sweet, but barks like crazy. She has a way of really trying your patience. Sometimes I think I could give her to someone that would cope with her better, but another part of me loves her too much. It's difficult feeling torn like that. I had a dog growing up that I was really attatched, too. I feel like my relationship with my dogs don't compare all that well. I feel like it's our fault too for not training them better, but at the same time no matter what we've tried hasn't stopped the barking. 

Alix- That's exciting. I hope that baby cooperates and that they will be about to tell!

AFM- I have to work an extra hour cause of day light saving time which I'm not very thrilled about. Blah. Still fighting the nasal drainage and cough. This is getting old really fast. On the otherhand I hope this means I can get it out of the way so I don't have to deal with any sickness while going through all the IVF stuff. 

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 1,329 members 207,300 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: