Super Contributor
LaylasMommy1014

Re: November board

[ Edited ]

Alix: I didnt show til 28-30 weeks..lol. I heard alot of flack from everyone who thought i should be bigger. I was 120lbs when i got pregnant... lol I felt huge early on.. but looked tiny all the way up til the last month and a half. Just like everyone has a ...rear end....everyone will have an opinion. :smileyhappy: Usually the tiredness improves during the second trimester, but you do tire easily. The fatigue does return 3rd trimester, along with easily tired feeling from doing simple tasks. it does progress to an even worse state after the baby is born, but you adjust. I never had help so I had to do it all on my own (DH works in the air most of the time harnessed into a truck doing electrical work..no way I was letting him get up at night with her and getting up at 5am! NO WAY. besides that, he can't feed the baby if you are breastfeeding.. lol. ) I have friends who handed the babies off to their DH's or went to their parents house and left the baby then went home to sleep. I thought that terribly rude, especially if you are a SAHM, your DH works all day so YOU can stay home, and your parents should not be responsible for your child because YOU want to sleep. I was always tired, but you really do adjust.. in a odd sort of way thats hard to explain.

I had my few evenings after being up so long that DH did have to take over because i'd be crying right along with Layla.. but those were few and far between. I have yet to go out alone, by myself, (that was NOT school related) since January.. lol However, I do believe my mindset of "I can do this by myself" is a huge help to me ..even though it does take a toll on one's body. it does help you prepare for those times when you wont be able to have help around because they are busy or sick.. help makes it easier, but its better that you can handle it on your own normally...than when help isnt there you arent feeling overwhlemed. I never had much help though. I also never followed the "sleep when they do" advice either..I always felt like I had to ultilize nap time to clean, take a breather, and relax...twice did i ever take a nap when she did!  You'll learn to be an expect "lack of sleep" zombie functioning mom. :smileyhappy: if i can do that and go to school and still have honors and deans list... you can do it :smileyhappy:

Happy Thanksgiving ladies, we are leaving early in the morning for Ocala. Stats will be joining me on the trip.

We bought layla a convertible car seat, which i hate already.. Its a alpha elite 65. I was buying some last minute needed items for our trip and couldnt get her unbuckled and had to ask for help..I felt like the worlds biggest idiot.. Be safe ladies!! :smileyhappy:

♥ Brie ♥
My NFP Chart
Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
**Kasey.. 01/07/2003-12/24/2012. You were my heart, my soul, and my whole world, cancer may have taken you from me, but you'll never be forgotten. I have your pawprints forever on my heart.**
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
MommyAmy

Brie- I've never understood the shipping my kid off to my parents house if I didn't have something that I actually needed to do. I do take nights out every now and again, it's good for you to get out sans child every now and again. I do games nights, book club and sometimes movie nights (in a home) with some girls from a moms group.

Alix- The sleep thing I think varies greatly. Nathan has always been a really good sleeper... and I am one to follow the advise of others about the sleep when they sleep thing. I still nap when he naps more often then not. However my house is a mess... but I don't care. I would rather spend the time with him and sleep when I need it so I can fully give him my attention when he is awake. It's all a trade off though. But yes. You'll be tired. Everyone always joked that I wouldn't have a full night sleep until the kids left the house, but honestly... more often then not I get a full night sleep. I can only pray this next one is a good sleeper too. :smileywink:

AFM- Just working on craft projects to give away for Christmas gifts. It's my new thing... this year I'm making personalized key chains and magnets for the family. The key chains are jenga pieces with paper mod podged on them and then the keychain needs put in. I'm going to hopefully put everyones names on them, but we'll see how difficult that proves to be. It might just be paper that I think fits them. :smileywink: Then the magnets I'm making everyone either 3 or 4. Two of them will be with Nathans artwork and then a magnet over... the other 1 or 2 depending on time and energy will be the paper I use for their key chains. Then I have to get it all nice and packaged up pretty. :smileyvery-happy: I also made hand print peacocks with Nathan for his grandparents. The hand print part is done but I still need to finish up the body and finishing touches that go with that. Fun stuff. Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
nursetara3

Brie- That carseat sounds frustrating!I read your post to Alix which reminded me of work kinda. Basically, how much people under rate sleep until they don't get it. I see a lot of people so excited that they want to stay awake at night and then they deeply regret it once the baby arrives that they didn't utilize those napping moments. 

Amy- What a good idea for gifts. I especially think the magnets with Nathan's artwork is super cute!

AFM- Med dosages stayed the same. 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
MommyAmy

Tara- The magnet thing was supposed to say it's his artwork with flat marbles over them... then magnets on the BACK. But I kinda didn't finish my thought from the looks of it. I did a big and small marble with his artwork. Then I'll do a small or big or maybe both of a paper of some sort for everyone.

AFM- Working on getting the O rings in the jenga blocks. Finally got the DH to get a drill out and put holes in them all but my hand is still sore. Oy. I love my family. I stand by the same thing I said last year. If anyone complains about their present I'm not getting them anything next year. :smileywink: Last year I made jam for the families, almond roca for everyone and shoulder heater packs for everyone in fabrics that fit them. :smileyvery-happy: It's much more rewarding feeling then going and buying them something off their list that's for sure.
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
nursetara3

Amy- I love the homemade gifts. I think it's really special and thoughtful. That's how I imagined the magnets actually. Great idea! I'm working on knitting up fingerless mittens for a few people. One pair done and working on the second of the next pair. 

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! I hope you all have safe wonderful days spent with the people you love!

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
nursetara3

Our appt went well today. Everything is on track so far. Estriadiol level was good so meds stay the same. Feeling encouraged that Dr. S is happy with our progress. She said that I could expect to feel more tired than normal since my ovaries are working extra hard. I have felt more tired although I was thinking it was in relation to hosting two Thanksgivings at our house. 

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
mommyburke

hello fellow mommies! if you could take a minute and vote for my son in a local contest i would appreciate it. it only takes a minute. these message boards saved me during my first pregnancy. thanks in advance!

https://offerpop.com/FacebookContestEntry.psp?c=511710&u=15556&a=448952861833126&p=136142749761933&r...
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 793 members 100,185 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: