Super Contributor
nursetara3

Re: November board

Nicole- It's absolutely amazing how fast time goes! Not sure what will happen if we aren't successful on our first attempt. DH doesn't really think that we will be able to do anything else, or at least it will take a long time to financially be able to move on to trying again or adopting. Fingers are crossed that it's a one and done kinda thing. We switched RE's and so far I'm really happy about our decision to go to Seattle. Any advice you can think of?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
elafunie

Tara: You hit a stand-still with Dr. B so this one seems as though their approach is much more aggressive, which is what you so need at this point. Just follow all their instructions, I know it's complicated with the medications and all the appts for monitoring, but believe me it's all worth it! I hope this IS a one and done for you too sweetie! ♥
Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
nursetara3

Nicole- I couldn't agree more. I'm so glad we made the change. I think Dr. B would've just kept doing the same thing over and over with no result. I finally had to get assertive with him and ask what his plan for us would be. I told him it wasn't financially feasible for us to keep repeating the same thing and have it not work. Only then did he really say that it would make sense for us to do IVF. I had started hearing from others that they felt he had a money making thing going on. Seemed stuck in the old ways of doing things and his IVF coordinator told us that he didn't put much stock into the labs during the IVF process. Basically, I started to question how responsible it would be for us to continue seeing him, Our new doc, Dr. S I think was a little suprised by the responses we had gotten from Dr. B when she asked if he had mentioned what he thought our problem TTC was about. Of course she was very discreet and professional, but as another healthcare professional I could tell she wasn't exactly on board with his treatment plan or basically telling us that we were "maybe just super unlucky". KMFC that it's one and done, too! So glad that you've popped in!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
MommyAmy

Tara- So glad you got switched doctors. How frustrating that people can keep doctoring who obviously shouldn't be anymore. I hate it when doctors are just in it for the money. :smileysad: So sad.

Nicole- SO awesome to see you. I can't believe your little one is already almost 5 months. WHERE does this time go? I don't get it at all.

AFM- Mostly recovered from my sickness. Just left over tiredness. Oh wait, that's probably just because I'm pregnant, I keep telling everyone I feel ick from being sick since I haven't told everyone I'm pregnant. Had a minor anxiety episode last night. I'm super bummed my previous counselor isn't in my insurance network, I hate looking for one and she was so helpful when I was pregnant with Nathan. I wish there was a way to get rid of the anxiety. I tried doing all the stuff that I learned and it helped some but obviously didn't make it go away. It makes me so frustrated because I KNOW in my head that what I'm stressing/dwelling on is irrational and yet I can't seem to not go there. And once I have one good bought of it... then I have to have anxiety about having anxiety. It's a horrible snowball. I'll maybe get out my relaxation CD I got when I was pregnant with Nathan to play at night time when I go to bed. Assuming I can find it. Otherwise things are going well. 9 weeks today... almost a quarter of the way done. That's something right? I sure do look forward to having a baby, not so much a fan of the whole being pregnant thing though. Totally worth it all in the end, but ugh while I'm in it. Okay I've rambled enough. Hope you all have a fabulous weekend! We're getting family pictures tomorrow so as soon as I get them back there is very likely to be a new picture on here. :smileywink:
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
LaylasMommy1014

Tara: GL!!!

Nicole: SO GLAD TO SEE YOU POSTING!!!!! ((HHHHHHUUUUUUUGGGGGGSSSSSSSS)))

Thats all I have time for.. lol back to the books i go

♥ Brie ♥
My NFP Chart
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
**Kasey.. 01/07/2003-12/24/2012. You were my heart, my soul, and my whole world, cancer may have taken you from me, but you'll never be forgotten. I have your pawprints forever on my heart.**
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
nursetara3

Amy- Yeah, it kinda seems like that's what he's in it for. I don't doubt he probably likes seeing his patients get PG although he's not proactive and not aggressive enough. I sure hope that you find a new counselor that you like. It's such a bummer that your old one isn't covered. Anxiety can be a big challenge. Having been down that road before hopefully the tools you learned to help cope with it will help you this time, too. Know we are here to listen! Hugs!

Brie- Thanks! You're almost through it! Keep up that good work :smileyhappy:

AFM- Start the stim meds this afternoon!

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
naomi_olvera

Hello All!

My name is Naomi, and I am moving into my 24th week with my 1st Baby Girl. I am nearly 40, diabetic and super happy. She was conceived naturally, and everything has gone great so far. I've been lucky to have 3 ultrasounds so far. One at 9 weeks, one at 12 weeks for my CVS, and one at 20 weeks. We have one coming up on Dec 2nd to check her heart out. I seem to have caught a head cold, and will try to get as much rest as possible this Thanksgiving week.

EDD 3.19.14

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 7 members 459 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: