Contributor
GinaBelina101

Re: June Board

Simone - GL Testing!! :smileyhappy:  We had to go back a second time and get another US done because of his position.  He has his feet and hands by his face!

Now about the cloth diapers!  I mostly use pockets now with 2 inserts and at night use a bamboo fitted diaper with a cover.  I did use prefolds when they were little but as soon as they became mobile we got lots of leaks.

I wash every 2 days and store the dirty diapers in an open lined pail (keeping it open helps keep the smell down.  I rinse all poopy diapers in the toliet but not pee diapers.  My wash routine (top loader) is a cold rinse, hot wash with tide original powder (to the 1 line) and an additional cold rinse at the end.  If there are still suds after the additonal rinse I will rinse again.  A lot of people will have leaks or smells if they have build-up, so it is important to make sure the soap is all gone.  I hang dry the diapers/covers but use the dryer for my inserts and wipes. 

Depending on your water type (soft/hard) and wash (top loader vs front loader) you routinue can be different.  Some people will say not to use tide but I tried 3 different soaps and they would never get my diapers clean.  I have been using tide for over 2 years with no problems. 

Here is my set-up that I have in my living room.  I need to get some more bins since I bought 30 diapers for my newborn stash. :smileyhappy:

stash2.jpg

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
nursetara3

Simone- Good luck! Hope you get to use those cloth diapers in 9 months!

Gina- Thanks for the advice. I saved your response so I can reference it later :smileyhappy: Sounds like you use CD's for the newborn stage as well? I have heard those gentle detergents don't work all that well for the CD's even though the diaper brands don't recommend heavier detergents. The open pain concept suprised me. I suppose they air out so they don't smell so much and since they don't sit there more than 2 days. Great to have some tips. 

Please use plain text.
Frequent Contributor
momtofiveboys

Tara Thank you!

I chose not to test. Yesterday I had spotting twice and tgen today my temp went from 98.02 yeaterday to 97.75 so I am just going to wait until Monday if af doesnt show.  Im hoping the spotting is IB and the temp drop turns out to be a late ID. 

SAHM to 5 boys
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
Frequent Contributor
momtofiveboys

The twins, Lennox, and I were supposed to go to an outside movie party last night, but just before it was going to start we got rained on so it is postponed for a couple of weeks.

We also had Ty here for the weekend. 

Couldn't test af showed up last night. 

SAHM to 5 boys
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
MommyAmy

Hello all. Sorry for my lack of posts, I have not been on the computer for the last week.  Little sister decided to get here early, she was born June 2nd. 6 lbs even 18 1/2 inches. Still not on the computer but the kindle makes paying a little easier. Sadly, no pictures on here though. She's a tiny little thing but doing awesome, she took to eating so we'll and had no issues. Such a little blessing. I'm healing from the c section, it's not nearly as fun as I had hoped... not that I thought it would be fun but it's been pretty painful. Hope all is well with everyone. I'll be back when I can. 

Softbums.com is where you can find retailers. I wash once on cold with tide free and clear and then run one our two hot cycles. For newborn size we are just using disposables though, much easier when dealing with everything else as well.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Posted from Amazon KFTHWI
Please use plain text.
Contributor
GinaBelina101

Congrats Amy!!  I had a feeling you had her since you haven't been on!!  Can't wait to see a pic! :smileyhappy:

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
Frequent Contributor
jessieaherold

CONGRATS AMY!!!! 

I have been terribly busy with trying to get my entire house packed up in one week but progress is being made... I think. lol!   I wasn't sure if I was making a bigger mess or making progress but after stepping back and looking at what I have accomplished I am pretty proud of what I have gotten packed so far! Today was my last day of work for a few weeks and this coming Saturday we will be moving. I am both happt and sad about this because I have lived her for 9 years now and am leaving a lot of friends behind. However, I am excited for the new journey ahead of us. My wonderful boyfriend should start working tomorrow and will be making over twice the amount her was making before so I think I can deal with that. lol!  Hope everyone is doing well I have to get back to packing things... Oh btw I have not been lifting anything just boxing it all up.

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
User Likes Count
Users Online
Currently online: 14 members 568 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: