Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
peanuut

Re: July 2013 Board

I never know which page to post on now. Lol. So I guess I'll just copy and past to cover my bases. Had my appt today. Passed everything, but they could tell be the NST results that she's ready to come out. I'm 2cm and 50% thinned. So dr scheduled an induction for noon on Saturday. Even though I was induced with kale. I'm a little scared because this time there starting with the pitocin and I never even got to that step with kale. We shall see how it goes.
Haley
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Frequent Contributor
momtofiveboys

Haley GL! 

SAHM to 5 boys
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
daddysangel8406

Tara- PT is still painful but I've improved a lot!

Haley- GL today!!! Can't wait to see pictures!

Christine- I'm glad y'all are home and doing good. Throwing a new baby in the mix can mess anybody up but I'm glad the boys are doing pretty good.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
nursetara3

Amanda- Yay for improvement!!!
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
peanuut

Sorry. I didn't update you guys sooner. Amelia made her presents at 3:07am on July 14. Needless to say I was very exhausted. We came home today and are just now trying to get used to having a new member in our family. Delivery was so diffrent from my first. When we got to the hospital to start at noon, the hospital had some sort of miscommunication and the nurse that was supposed to start the induction was not there. Why another one of the many other nurses couldn't start it is beyond me, since there were only like 3 of us in a very large hospital delivering. We even had a few nurses come in throughout the process to check on us, and say they had nothing else to do so they wanted to see if they could be of any assistance. Anyways got the induction started at 2ish. Pitocin was slow going and giving me contractions, but the dr didn't feel like they were strong enough to break my water. Even though I kept stressing that's what it took to get my son out. So finally at 10pm the dr decided to have my water broken and as I figured my contractions kicked into high gear and they turned off the pit. I was progressing but unfortunately not as fast as I did with kale. I was getting really tired because I had been there so long. I did have them give me some IV drugs which helped me for like an hour but then contractions again started getting to be to much and progression was only like 5cm. So I got the epi. The epi actually worked, unlike the one I got with Kale. To well actually my arms and chest were numb. I was complete at 1:30a but was so numb my pushes weren't moving her very much, and because I was so numb I couldn't really tell I was pushing or tell how much I was even holding my breath. So about 30 min later the nurse came back in and had me start pushing. She was turned a little so the first 20 min were slow going until she twisted into good position and the epi was wearing off. Dr came in and about another 25 min I finally started to crown. I could really tell she was so much bigger then kale. She weighed in at 8 pounds 5 ounces. 20 1/2 inches long with a 14 1/2 inch head. Nursing has been going pretty well and kale just absolutely loves her. I'm sure I'm forgetting a ton, but will catch up more a little later.
Haley
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
daddysangel8406

Haley- Congrats on your little girl! I'm glad everyone is doing good!

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 20 members 4,177 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: