Occasional Visitor
tanya-proctor

I have been off birth control since May and still nothing.

my last depo shot was due in May and chose not to get it. Me and my husband have a healthy sex life and I have lost 30 lbs. since may and still nothing. any suggestions? honestly I am starting to get discoruged.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
mumsafari

Re: I have been off birth control since May and still nothing.

I think it will take 6 months or so to conceive ( for a heathly couple) after taking off pills. I've been through this and it took me 6months. So, you are almost there. Good luck!!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
HostTammy

I think a year is average. Give it some more to.e and try to have fun trying:smileyhappy:

Posted from Amazon KFOT
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
LaylasMommy1014

It can take up to a year off birth control for a healthy couple to concieve, as per instructed by my gynocolegist.

I was one of those odd individuals who's cycles go back to normal immediately and concieved after a month. However, I was on Yasmin, the pill. For Depo users, because it often supresses your cycles (Ie. no period) it can take longer for your body to go back to normal and go into the swing of things. :smileyhappy:

Has your cycles even returned yet?

♥ Brie ♥
My NFP Chart
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
**Kasey.. 01/07/2003-12/24/2012. You were my heart, my soul, and my whole world, cancer may have taken you from me, but you'll never be forgotten. I have your pawprints forever on my heart.**
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
malbertson88

It took me 8 months after I quit depo to get pregnant and my periods were normal. I thought I could have kids but wa la 8 months later and I was pregnant. Good luck!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
ModChristine

Everyone is different but I know they say to give it a year off birth control to get pregnant before seeking fertility help.  Good luck and have fun!

~ Christine ~
Mom to a sweet little girl and 2 busy boys
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
Frequent Contributor
jessieaherold

I stopped taking my bith control pills at the beginning of Oct 2013 and by Nov 2013 I was pregnant. Unfortunately in Dec 2013 we found out there was some complication and the baby's heart had stopped functioning and that I would have to have a D&C becuase I was not having any signs of a miscarriage. Give yourself some time and everything will work out for you.

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 11 members 927 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: