New Contributor
BerryMom2012

How do I explain to my family that I am ready for my second child?

Hello, everyone. Thank you for reading my post. My question is. . . I have a three year old little girl. My husband and I have been together since highschool. (14 & 15 years old) and have been married for a year. We own our home. I'm going to nursing school currently and he is the only one working. My husband and I are hoping to add a fourth and final member to our family soon. But I am getting a lot of worry from our families. I understand they are worried about us having a baby while I'm in school but I don't want to wait until I am out of school and trying to make a career. Plus, I don't want my children spaced out too much. I've been working on a savings fund and trying to plan for baby. Even reuse some of my oldest childs stuff. Breast feed. Make my own baby food. Etc. . .  How do I prove to my family that I'm ready for baby number 2?

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
LaylasMommy1014

Re: How do I explain to my family that I am ready for my second child?

Hey hon, Im just here to tell you that you are an adult, you do not need to "prove" to your family that you are ready for a child. That is a decision that should be between you and your husband, and if you both feel ready for it, GO FOR IT! After all, its you and your husband that will making the baby, you will be growing the baby, you will give birth to the baby, and you and your husband will be providing a loving and nuturing envoirnment, Not your family!

Actions speak louder than words if you are still wanting to please them. :smileyhappy:

Just a note about school and an infant! My daughter is one, and I was in my second college semester when I got pregnant, I only missed the semester she was born in and started right back the following semester. I thought it would be easy to do..you know..school and a baby. How hard can it be, right? SO WRONG! SO SO SO SO SO SO SO VERY VERY VERY WRONG! I went from a 3.75 GPA, to a 3.3 which is extremely important to me.. I barely have time to properly study (for my standards). I struggle to keep up with homework assignments just because there is so much housework, and babywork and homework that needs done that either my homework suffers or my house suffers.  It is really hard. Getting my degree is extremely important to me so I still give my best and 100% that I possibly can, but between exhaustion and keeping up with Layla... Its a struggle to remember everything, all the time.  So please do keep that in mind.

My friend had a baby 6 weeks after me, and she  didnt go back until this semester, and she couldnt handle it at all..ended up enrolling her daughter in daycare for 3-4 hours a day just so she could keep up with online classes. We are both SAHM's and I do both online and physical traditional classes.  So if i can do it, you can, but it is definitely difficult...and takes alot of dedication and determination.

I graduate in July :smileyhappy: and we are considering TTC beginning in May/June as I will not be huge pregnant during a florida summer ever again lol) So it is possible.. but i tell you, ive cried, gotten mad, and discouraged a few times.

♥ Brie ♥
My NFP Chart
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
**Kasey.. 01/07/2003-12/24/2012. You were my heart, my soul, and my whole world, cancer may have taken you from me, but you'll never be forgotten. I have your pawprints forever on my heart.**
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 10 members 299 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: