Occasional Visitor
christalennox

Re: Getting stressed about ttc

This hits really close to home, I also have two children and we have been trying for two years now. I also had mirena and thought it was me but found out my husband has the same thing. It helps me to know that the surgery worked! He was told there's only a 50/50 chance of it helping. Right now his dr has him on a second round of pills to increase his sperm count to see if we can avoid the procedure. I have no advise just maybe a little reminder you're not alone I need that sometimes too. My friends are also all conceiving with no issues and its hard sometimes. It's also hard to not feel guilty wanting a third child so badly when you already have two healthy ones. Best of luck to you!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
agieamypwl

Ok, first of all, ignore all the "just relax" advice. That is one of the WORST things that someone can say to someone going through infertility. Stress and "not relaxing" does NOT cause true infertility. So that being said, there are so many women going through what you are, there are lots of great resources available for support. Check out the Resolve (national infertility organization) website for lots of great articles about how to cope, plus there will be links to find local support groups where you can meet with other women in your area that just "get it." Hang in there though, you will get through it! Best of luck!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
cyndi.frick2

I just read your post - I hope you've gotten pregnant!  I know how hard it is.  I was just saying to my husband that I feel like everyone is posting to Facebook that they got pregnant, and it makes me resent my friends because we are struggling to get pregnant a second time.  I have a 2-year old son who was conceived with Clomid and Metformin (I have PCOS).  After starting the medications, I got pregnant the second month.  I also had a Mirena IUD right after he was born and had it removed in May of this year.  We have been TTC every month since then - actively trying (charting, ovulation tests, Clomid at muliplie doses, metformin), and last cycle I even had 3 transvaginal ultrasounds to track my ovulation progress.  I'm so frustrated.  I feel like if it doesn't happen by the end of the year then maybe it wasn't meant to be, and I should just be happy with the wonderful son that I have.  Every one of my cycles is different.  I never seem to ovulate at a normal or regular time, and that makes TTC like trying to hit a moving target.  I feel your pain.  Hopefully you and I will be posting soon to Facebook that we are pregnant!

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Dumbartongirl

I found out that I have a unicornuate uterus and 1 kidney when I had my son. It took me 2 years to conceive him. I am pregnant again now after a year of trying. What finally worked: I threw out the charts and my thermometer and decided to have sex every other day as soon as my period ended until I knew I was a couple days past ovulation. My doctor said having sex everyday is bad if you are worried about sperm count and every other day is best. I just told my girlfriend to do this and she conceived immediately too. I think throwing out the charts got rid of a lot of stress and I still knew I was doing everything I could cause we were having sex every other day. Good luck and don't give up hope!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
chatrose85

I understand how you feel. It took six years for me to have another child. Between me and my husband we have four kids. Two boys and two girls. I had a problem with miscarriages. It was a year with four miscarriages before I got pregnant with our (now) 15 month old. I misscarried at the start of August two years ago and by the end of the month I was pregnant. I know that it might seem like ttc is a chore. What my husband and I did was take a break for a few months and during that time I got pregnant but miscarried. If you and your husband can maybe taking a weekend get away when you know that you are ovulating. And maybe it won't feel like it is a chore. Just relax and don't stress about it. Now that we have a 15 month old I would like to have another child but for some reason it is harder for me. But I won't give up. Best of luck to you and your husband.

Please use plain text.
saraleew

First I would like to start with the fact that you are NOT alone in the world on this issue! My husband and I struggled with fertility issues of our own for 2-1/2 years. I know EXACTLY how you are feeling! I felt depressed my self, and everytime another friend or someone I knew was pregnant I cried. To help myself, I even deactivated my facebook account, which did help to eliminate some of my stress. (Try it, it will help) I started to focus on me and my husband and enriching our life and relationship. You may want to consider stopping tracking your cycles and only keep track of the days you start and end your periods as well as the days you have sex, in case you do get pregnant you will have a better idea of a conception date. For myself, I gave up the tracking ovulation, tracking sex, everything. For me, I got pregnant twice with the help of fertility drugs because I was told I don't ovulate on my own, and I miscarried with both pregnancies. After my D&C with the second pregnancy my OB/GYN wanted to do a HSG (Hysterosalpingogram), and I guess that must have cleared out my tubes because I ovulate on my own now.

There is hope out there for everyone! Don't give up on your dream! You are not alone, don't ever think that way! Put some extra love and energy into your kids and your hubby and leave the miracle in God's hands. Good Luck!!

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
desireemccaig1

Im so sorry your going through this! For 1: simply.. relax... (probably already heard it 1000 times but its true) ttc is hard enough without your nerves getting in the way. 2 when your close to ovulating maybe starting the week before only have sex every other night to let the sperm build up some. Thats what my dr told us to do... know your pain, my husband and I have a 3 yr old boy together. We started ttc for our 2nd shortly after our lo 1st birthday. 1st pregnancy in April of 2012 miscarried May 23rd 2012 startrd ttc right after physically healing from miscarriage... 2nd miscarriage 7 months later (with in days of the due date from my 1st miscarriage) on Dec 16th 2012. Since then was diagnosed with endometriosis... tryed for 8 more months. Still no baby. From the endo my period paind got too hard to handle so for endotreatment i am now on birth control. Exactly whst a mom ttc wants...
Anyways.. goodluck! When the time is right itwill happen, just breath, and congratulate them. I currently have 4 or 5 expectant friends on fb. Know the pain. Good luck, and God Bless!
Posted from LG E610
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 1,360 members 212,734 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: