Regular Contributor
MommyAmy

Re: February Board

Alix- So glad they were able to keep him in there. I have a friend that went into early labor around 20 weeks and ended up making it to 36. And another who just had her little guy at 34 weeks after her water broke. Maybe the diarrhea is a side effect from the meds they gave you? I'm hoping they put you on bed rest... i/e you shouldn't be walking up and down the stairs anyways. :smileywink: Have someone bring you what you need if your bed is up there.
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
alix_michelle

Amy: I am on bed rest. I have to go upstairs because the shower is up there. And after not being able to shower for 2 1/2 days I feel like I need a shower! I'm so glad Bryce is still baking too. But it feels like he's trying to come out. The pressure is getting really bad like his head is just in the right spot. I Google the diarrhea thing and it says it's a sign of early labor. I'm definitely asking my Dr tomorrow.  They gave me pre - term labor meds, the magnesium drip and something for pain cause the contractions were really bad and so close together. They had to put me on oxygen too cause the pain med put me in a deep sleep. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Posted from Android 4.3
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
MommyAmy

Alix- Hope he holds out a few more days at least. 34 weeks is a better place for sure from everything I've heard. But even that is earlier then you would like. (I sat around 3 cm dilated for the last 4-5 weeks of my last pregnancy, the pressure is something else for sure). Take it easy for sure!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
alix_michelle

Amy: I would be happy if he lasted to 35 weeks. They did give me the celestone shots to help develop his lungs because the dr was so sure I was being transported to a different hospital to have him. The pressure is horrible! It makes the back pain worse and makes me feel like I never leave the toilet cause it always make me feel like I have a full bladder.i will let you know what the dr says tomorrow! I'm so nervous and scared of what she will tell us. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Posted from Android 4.3
Please use plain text.
Contributor
RunnerMommy103

Alexx: Hang in there! I know how hard it can be, every day in is better!! Getting past 32 weeks is a big milestone but 34 and 35 weeks are big ones!! Hang in there! Drink lots and lots and lots of water--and try and keep an empty bladder (It's hard, but a full bladder will bring on the contractions). I will be sending you many thoughts and prayers! Hugs Momma!
*Christine*
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
nursetara3

Alix- Sorry to hear that you're fighting to keep him in there longer. Diarrhea and back pain can be signs of preterm labor. The diarrhea could also maybe be from the mag, too. If you are conracting frequently or having new symptoms I'd error on the side of caution. Most doctors have an answering service that you can call their office after hours and they will have the doc on call call you back if you're on the fence about going to the hospital. Glad you got both doses of the betamethasone for his lungs. Like Chrisitine said be careful to stay hydrated especially with the diarrhea. Sending you prayers that he'll stay put longer. Come on 37 weeks! 

Please use plain text.
Frequent Contributor
momtofiveboys

Alix i hope you can keep him in longer. With my twins i had ptl and was hospitalized for 6 days and went home on procardia. My contractions never stopped, but they stoped doing anything to my cervix. It wasn't until I was told to stop the med  that my contractions stopped completely which is why I was induced with them. 

AFM I went to the doctor yesterday morning because my throat hurt so much. Well i have strep throat. Then last night I started having very bad crqmps and went to yhe bathroom and af stqrted. so yesterday morning i started out with cd 54 and ended the day on cd 1. 

Only 10 more days and we will be able to bring Ty back home. 

SAHM to 5 boys
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 9 members 831 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: