Regular Contributor
elafunie

Re: February Board

Welcome back Tara :smileyhappy: There is no where to put the snow anymore! Still catching up with sleep, so glad it's Friday :smileywink: That's so nice you can hear the baby's HB anytime now :smileyhappy: YAY for the 2nd trimester! That was my favorite part of being PG with Aaron, no more queasiness and less sleepy :smileyhappy: So excited for you to have your next appt Tues!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
LaylasMommy1014

Nicole: Starbucks did help! I managed to clean the rest of the house, minus layla's and our bedrooms. I'll do those tomorrow since its mostly just hanging up and putting clothes away.. the whole  time consuming aspect of it, plus wrestling Layla trying to undo what I am cleaning.. little stinker!

I decided that since DH prefers to induldge in Beer and smoking (and I am livid over this!! I hate hate hate smoking and hate even more that thats anywhere near layla for health reasons...especially with DH's ear history!), I decided I'd start spending $7 a month on a bag of starbucks coffee for myself :smileywink:

Tara: I gave up caffinated coffee when i was pregnant with Layla as well.It was so hard.. lol. I am addicted to the starbucks now.. my neighbor got me hooked on it since thats all she drinks. You will love the second trimester! :smileyvery-happy: and the doppler gives such a peace of mind... I can't express how much peace of mind it gave me on the "quieter days".

afm- DH is looking at facing surgery. His good ear drum ruptured a few weeks ago, and he is considered legally deaf right now (his other eardrum was repaired as a kid and its also on borderline of rupturing currently.). The ENT dr said they wont do surgery for another six months because they want to monitor this "huge hole"... stupid if you ask me! However, about that time, I'll be done with school, which takes a load off me and wondering how i will take care of him and layla and housework and a possible pregnancy about that same time. =x providing we do try and that depends on pap results in may. Layla still isn't talking , but still making her sounds and alot of "eaglet screeching" lol. She has an appt with her pediatrician on March 4th. I feel like she should be at least saying something..anything..by now. She is so intelligent.. I just wonder if shes holding it all in..or if she has problems with her ears as well. DH was deaf until he was 8 due to his major ear issues. However, she has no problems hearing you opening a wrapper or opening the fridge! She loves "chase" and being chased. and hide and seek (however, you have to hide and she finds you). She also loves to throw her ball to you and play catch. I just worry about that whole "no talking" thing.

♥ Brie ♥
My NFP Chart
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
**Kasey.. 01/07/2003-12/24/2012. You were my heart, my soul, and my whole world, cancer may have taken you from me, but you'll never be forgotten. I have your pawprints forever on my heart.**
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
nursetara3

Brie- Yeah, I was a coffee drinker before getting PG. Cutting it out has been difficult at times because it sounds amazing. That is such a bummer about your DH's hearing and ruptured ear drum. Hope he doesn't have any more hearing loss. Does he sign since he was deaf as a child? Doesn't seem like a bad ide to bring up your concern with her Doc. Some kids just reach those milestones later than others and it's totally normal, Does she respond to her name being called? 

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
LaylasMommy1014

Tara: congrats on finally out of first trimester!!

No, I dont believe he does sign, he used to get a cowbell tied around his neck so he could wander the farm and his family could find him lol. Plus he had a dog like Kasey who watched over him. He's so stubborn that if he did loose his hearing, he wouldnt sign. Its an independence thing I guess. It doesnt seem a bad idea, and i could take it and it count for my degree. layla does respond to her name...when she chooses to. she responds by running away usually lol

♥ Brie ♥
My NFP Chart
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
**Kasey.. 01/07/2003-12/24/2012. You were my heart, my soul, and my whole world, cancer may have taken you from me, but you'll never be forgotten. I have your pawprints forever on my heart.**
Please use plain text.
Contributor
RunnerMommy103

Hello Ladies!!

I am so sorry I have been MIA! Life has definitely stayed crazy as usual! Jordyn is 7 months old already! I can't believe it! She is crawling backwards--and is eating like a maniac! LOL! Life in general is pretty good. Teaching, 2nd job, the kiddo's, and just general stuff keeps me going! I did have some pretty major anxiety starting in October but getting really bad Dec/January. I went into the dr and am now on Zoloft and am feeling MUCH better! So that is nice!

Tara: Oh my goodness--how exciting!! The 2nd trimester already!!! :smileyhappy: I was (and still am) a coffee drinker! Although--Jordyn HATED it when I was pregnant and it would almost instantly make me feel like I was going to get sick from about 6 weeks to 18 weeks. So--I had no other choice but to give it up :smileysad:

Brie: Owen wasn't a huge talker either. And it did end up being his ears. He had tubes put in and he still 2 years later struggles with speech! I would definitely talk to your dr. about Layla not talking. Owen at 2 could say 20 words exactly. The 1st thing they will do is have you have her hearing tested! It's hard to do for a little one like that but they can!

Nicole: I wish we would get some snow! We really have had very little snow this year-which is sort of nice, but it isn't good for the farmer's. Last time we had very little snow we had a horrible drought and the farmers lost a lot of their crops :smileysad:

Gina: Wow! I can't believe Lucas is already walking! I am definitely not ready for Jordyn to be crawling OR walking! She can go backwards and definitely get around--but no forward crawling yet!

Ok...I gotta get to bed! school comes early in the morning! :smileyhappy: Have a great week everyone!
*Christine*
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
nursetara3

Brie- That's a good thing she responds to her name. I may have said it before, but I've known people who's child hasn't talked for a very long time and they are just fine. It just took them a little longer. Hope the doc can give you some more reassuarance. DH really wants to teach our kid how to sign cause he thinks it would be a great skill to have. I know my nephew learned some signing in preschool. It was a neat thing to watch him learn. 

Christine- I'm glad the Zoloft is working for you and that you got help. Anxiety can be really challenging to cope with on your own. Jordyn's crawling, yay! Independence here she comes. Man, time is flying by! Sounds like life hasn't slowed down much for you. Are you still running? I am super excited about the 2nd trimester! I stopped drinking coffee in December after our transfer. I have gone so long without it and powered through that in a way I'm proving something to myself. I know I could have some though and it sounds amazing! Mmm, a vanilla latte my favorite!

AFM- Just trying to make it through my work week. Didn't sleep the best my first two nights on. Half way through though so that is nice. Have my second OB appt late tomorrow afternoon. Assuming it wil be pretty quick and uneventful. 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
elafunie

Hello Ladies, nice to see we got some posts over the weekend :smileyhappy:
I need to read...

GL at your OB appt today Tara :smileyhappy:

Love and ((HUGS)) to you all ♥
Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 14 members 400 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: