New Contributor
melanie.poupart

Clomid Experiences?

Hi, everybody!  After trying for a year, I finally talked to my doctor about it.  She thinks (without doing a full work-up yet) that I have Polycystic Ovary Disorder and so is starting me on Clomid.  I'm just wondering what experiences other women have had with this.  Side effects?  Success?  Twins?  

Thanks,

Melanie

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
HostTammy

Re: Clomid Experiences?

Hi There,

Sorry I can't help with this one. I never had a problem getting pregnant, I had a problem making it full term.don't feel too bad for me, I went on to have three healthy children:smileyhappy:

The only advice I have is to just get ready for a roller coaster ride. Things don't always work out like we try and plan them to. Maybe the doctor can get you in contact with others who have been on clomid?

Keep in touch, I would love to hear how things work out for you.

Tammy

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
HostTammy

Hi There,

Sorry I can't help with this one. I never had a problem getting pregnant, I had a problem making it full term.don't feel too bad for me, I went on to have three healthy children:smileyhappy:

The only advice I have is to just get ready for a roller coaster ride. Things don't always work out like we try and plan them to. Maybe the doctor can get you in contact with others who have been on clomid?

Keep in touch, I would love to hear how things work out for you.

Tammy

Please use plain text.
Frequent Contributor
amontes11051

I, too, have PCOS. I was put on Progesterone to start my periods every month and Metformin to help promote ovulation. Well, that didn't work so I started Clomid. I'm waiting to test but I DID ovulate. I am having some cramps on my lower right side so that could be impantation, releasing more eggs, or a wicked cyst. GREAT!!! So, we'll see. 

My advice is to relax. It can be easy to get amped up and stressed about ovulation but just go with it. My biggest worry is multiples. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
melanie.poupart

Thank you, ladies!  My PCOS hasn't been confirmed yet.  I do get normal periods and a monthly LH surge indicating that I should be ovulating, but it looks like it's not always happening.  I will be starting Clomid this week.  If in three months, I'm still not pregnant, we're going to do a full work-up and try to see exactly what's going on.  I'm nervous about the side effects- blurred vision, dizziness, hot flashes... It doesn't sound like much fun!  Hopefull this will be very temporary!  To be honest, the Clomid has me more nervous than anything else.  I haven't really been stressed out about not conceiving.  I know that it will happen eventually.  If it takes a while, the baby will just be that more special when he or she comes along!  Best of luck to you, Amontes!

Please use plain text.
Frequent Contributor
amontes11051

I had no dizzyness, blurred vision or hot flashes.

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 1,193 members 203,611 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: