kmroden816

Re: Big question

You can do it! It won't be the easiest thing, but I don't think terminating a pregnancy should be an option. I got my master's in education while our son was young. I had a full time teaching job; my husband was working full time; and my son was one when I started and two when I finished. I took all my classes online and didn't have to do an internship. I did most of my coursework while my son napped in the afternoons and after he and my husband went to bed at night. It took a lot of dedication and there were a lot of days I wanted to quit. My husband was very supportive, and a really good friend/coworker was going through the program at the same time who also helped push me.
Posted from Android 4.3
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
bsjones0708

Re: Big question

Take a breathe. Stay at school and take care of yourself & your child. Talk w/ ur advisor & teachers so you can arrange ur schedule for ur due date & healing time after delivery. Ask a family member or trusted qualified friend if they can babysit while u r at sch. Find out if u have the option of independent study to complete class if u go into labor. Careful of how heavy ur backpack is. Plan ahead for what u can and have a plan for things u can't predict. I was a student at sch and mommy at home. I didn't bring a lot of hmwk home so I could focus on being mommy. Have baby items that multitask or are super easy to use/clean. Make a list /schedule of Ursula and baby's daily routine. Write down time of each feeding and diaper change so u know when the next is. Keep extra clothes for u in ur bag. Sleep while u r pregnant and when baby sleeps & if need be schedule a nap b/t classes or after u eat lunch. Just set alarm on ur phone so u wake up. Drink water and keep a healthy snack close by. You'll be great. Remember ask for help when u need it & make 1 day a wk all about caring for yourself. 'Me time' helps us be better parents. Even when u r frustrated give baby a hug n kiss. U will feel better.
Posted from Android 4.3
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 1,551 members 186,049 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: