Super Contributor
alix_michelle

Re: August Board

Tara: my husband has had enough of the dogs and finally sees what I've been dealing with. Bryce still had a giant lump on his head and Jason told me to rehome them. I am always nervous to leave him now because their behavior has gotten so bad! I hope your dog's are better than mine are. :smileyhappy:
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Posted from Samsung SCH i545
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
LaylasMommy1014

Tara: I got snaps with mine, I hear hook and loop (velcro) wears out faster and tends to get snagged on other laundry. I hear you get a better fit with hook and loop, but repairing diapers and ruining clothes doesn't sound fun to me. So all of my CD's are snaps.  They last longer and have a higher resale value as well. :smileyhappy: I haven't used the disposble inserts in the shells yet, but so far, I'm very impressed with the grovia system! I ordered a second diaper and insert set. should be here today.

Nicole: LOVE grovia. :smileyhappy: im sorry lucas is sick. :smileysad: its not fun. My friend's baby is sick too..

Alix: Im sorry about the dogs not accepting Bryce. We never had an issue with that with Kasey or Turk. I really worried with Kasey the first day, because layla made alot of squeaking sounds (like a squeaky toy) which made her and turk hyper. Chris put the baby gate up and placed my nursing chair in the doorway so they could see us, but not get in to us, then i nursed for awhile, and they watched. Then chris held her and let them sniff her bottom and etc. After that, Kasey was attached to layla like velcro. Turks always been a little standoffish, but never ever agressive. He lets her sit, crawl, chew, fart, use him as a pillow.. it didn't matter. He knew she was part of the "alpha"  of the pack and he had to respect her. it sounds as if the dogs aren't getting enough exercise (Been there! I know its hard to take care of an infant and exercise dogs when you barely have time to poop by yourself), which leads to aggression and jealousy and etc. Turk seemed to adjust and Chris learned to take chris for a run in the fields at night when he got home to help with his high energy. It is possible to teach the dogs that Bryce is also apart of the pack leader, and he is in authority of them, but at this point, if they are snapping at him (and they will run over him a few times..its unavoidable. I dont care who says it is. they are lying. as vigilant as I am, turk and scarlett still ran over layla several times , didn't hurt her, just scared her) then you have behavioral issues going on. And please do mention your bad cramps to your doctor. It could be the fact that your body is trying to regulate itself again and its painful, but after my experience with cervical cancer, anytime you experience pains outside of your period, I recommend getting into the doctors office. Better safe than sorry.  I saw you may try to ttc because you feel guilty for staying home? DONT do that. You are always going to feel inadequate because your DH is taking care of you and you feel like all you are doing is taking care of Bryce, when in reality, that is a full time 24/7 job. It takes your body a year to recover from pregnancy. Give yourself some time to heal and get proper rest and don't feel obligated to ttc if you aren't completely 100% sure you are ready to. Its your body ultimately, and its already gone through pregnancy and childbirth recently, and if you are breastfeeding, it'll only be harder to produce milk during pregnancy due to the increase of estrogen (am i right here?) and you will be drained from BFing and growing another child. Heck, you'll be tired just from Bryce right now. Its alot to think about and alot to consider. Talk to your Dr first and see what they advise. I know Dr. M told me she prefers patients to wait one year after having a baby before ttc due to the fact that your body needs that time to recover. :smileyhappy:

Just my thoughts.

afm- My dad's coming in 4 days! ahhhh! :smileyhappy: I'm excited. its definitely going to be emotional though.. I see that coming. :smileytongue:

♥ Brie ♥
My NFP Chart
Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
**Kasey.. 01/07/2003-12/24/2012. You were my heart, my soul, and my whole world, cancer may have taken you from me, but you'll never be forgotten. I have your pawprints forever on my heart.**
Please use plain text.
Frequent Contributor
momtofiveboys

Alix- I am sorry about your dogs. I think you should get rid of them sooner before something tragic happens. Especially with Blitz biting Bryce. I know it is hard to give up any animal or person, but you have to keep Bryce safe and animals as well as people can be unpedictable. I had to make the choice of having Ty sent else where because of his agression and the safety of his brothers and I.  *HUGS* As for Bryce... Yay little man! My oldest was like that. By age 2 weeks he could roll over onto his back and by 2 months he was rolling over from his back to his stomach. He also was able to do what Bryce is doing by that time and by 6 months he was starting to pull himself up. 

Tara- Happy 37 weeks and she will be here very soon! Can't wait! 

AFM Things couldn't be better! The County is no longer trying to get child support from me. Had it verified today. Ty is adjusting to life in the group home. I am glad he is so close because I can see him more often. As it is I see him every morning to give him his growth hormone shot as they are not able to give it to him for some stupid reason. 

Speaking of his growth hormones they are working. He has grown, finally! :smileyhappy:

I have lost some weight! 

Trent is working for Stoughton Trailers and will be getting a newer vehicle later this month. He actually has until the 2nd as the kids start school the 3rd. 

Peyton and Eli are driving each other crazy. They really need school to start. Wish Lennox could go all day, too. 

SAHM to 5 boys
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
Frequent Contributor
momtofiveboys

Oh Tara I predict that you will have a Labor Day baby if you go on your own.
SAHM to 5 boys
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
alix_michelle

Brie: I've tried taking the dogs on a walk. I can't do that with Bryce. The dogs don't walk very well on leashes and they pull and tug and I've tried with dh to take them and he just gets frustrated and takes them home. I know they are very jealous of Bryce but I have done everything I can to make them accept him and without d's help it won't work. He just wants them to leave him alone and he doesn't even really hold Bryce. I'm not bf Bryce wasn't getting enough from me and he screamed every time I tried to feed him he's on formula now. I do want another baby but I know we need to wait. Dh doesn't want to wait but I'm making him. I can't handle 2 babies right now. The pain I had went away for a day then came back last night and I know it's not ovulation pain or cycle pain. I called and I can't be seen sooner with my gyn dr or my regular dr. I'm just keeping track of where it's at and how bad it is. Hopefully it's nothing serious. But when I think about it right before I got pregnant they did think I had cervical cancer so it makes me a little bit scared.

Simone: I know if I don't do something with the dogs it can get worse that's what I'm scared of. Right now I don't leave them alone with Bryce and I make sure I know where they are at all times. So glad Ty is closer to you and you can see him more! Yay for growing!! Bryce is growing so fast I blink and he's taller and trying to sit himself up!

Uh oh gotta go Bryce is screaming.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Posted from Samsung SCH i545
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
LaylasMommy1014

Alix: I know how hard it was to try to walk and play with two dogs and an infant! Ergo was my lifesaver, until the summers and Florida is miserable from May-October. However, if you are frustrated with the dogs and they are biting at Bryce, they need to go.  i hate when people say "Oh i'm pregnant and I can't keep my dog" and
"I just had a baby and can't keep my dog", because alot of time, its just excuses. It seems like you've obviously tried, and nothings improving and its getting worse..and I do believe the best decision would be to rehome them, for the safety of your child. Ultimately Bryce is your main concern, Not the dogs . (Yes, i just said that..wow.). Sometimes, its just what needs to be done. Maybe their new owners would be able to work on their jealousy issues and they would be great with children one day. Who knows. Its not an easy decision, I know. But you should not have to worry for Bryce's safety around your pets. ((HUGS)).. its definitely a hard choice to make. I know if i ever had to worry about Layla's safety with Turk, something would have to change, and as much as I love turk and would do anything for my stinky boy.. Layla is irreplaceable. Dogs are. Don't let fear of people judging you stop you from doing what you feel is the right thing to do. You have all of us here to support whatever decision you make as well. :smileyhappy: The cervical cancer thing is scary! Mine was super fast moving and aggressive.. I worry with any little twinge now. Keep us updated please! If anything, just send me a PM and keep me updated.

Simone: Congrats on loosing some weight! Can I ask what you are doing? When its late sept (when the humidity leaves FL for a few months :smileywink: ) I'm going to start working out more aggressively. Ever since I had my LEEP, I gained like 15 lbs and I'm totally tripping over it. I just need to get back to 130-135..and I'd be happy.. because all my clothes would fit. :smileywink:

And yay for getting to see Ty more! <3

I gotta go, Layla decided to poop.. lol. #thatmommylife

♥ Brie ♥
My NFP Chart
Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
**Kasey.. 01/07/2003-12/24/2012. You were my heart, my soul, and my whole world, cancer may have taken you from me, but you'll never be forgotten. I have your pawprints forever on my heart.**
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
nursetara3

Alix- Glad you are your Dh are on the same page now about the dogs. Difficult situation.

Simone- I'm ahppy for you that things are going so well! Glad that Ty has found a niche and that you get to see him a lot. Way to go on the weight loss!

Brie- Thanks for the feedback. I still have yet to purchase CD's. I have only bought one off zulilly, but I don't think it's as nice as some of the others. I was planning on purchasing some Charlie Banana CD's. I liked how the grovia's go together though they look nice. 

AFM- Had my 37 week check up today. I was 1cm, 50% effaced and head is nicely applied so that is exciting that it's a change from last week. Everything is still going well. Been feeling some more BH's a few that were uncomfortable, but mostly just tightening. Can't wait to meet this baby girl. I really need some motivation to get my house into shape though!

Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
User Likes Count
Users Online
Currently online: 11 members 548 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: