Regular Contributor
MommyAmy

Re: August 2013 Board

Alix- I'm not sure about the salad, probably depends on what is in it how healthy it is (the biggest issue with salads is normally dressing).  You're burning lots of calories though so don't skip eating!  I made Malt-o-meal for breakfast with toast quite often when I was pregnant.  Hard boiled egg and watermelon for lunch.  Dinners were difficult.  Had quite a bit of Pho with no meat in it, a beef broth though.  I didn't have nearly as many cravings as I did adversions.  So many things I did NOT want to eat.

AFM- Chiropractor helped a bit with the headache, have a massage tomorrow, after that I'm hoping it will all be happy. I forgot how much fun migraines are, I get them with AF almost always (though this one isn't with AF so I'm not sure why it wants to be here, probably partially from tight shoulders from carrying that pack with Nathan in it for about 2 miles).

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
alix_michelle

Amy: The salad has a small amount of cheese croutons and a small packet of dressing. It also has a little bit of chicken and its romaine lettuce. I have only had one aversion so far and thats to fast food. I get chronic migraines. Anything sets the off. Right now,its caffine withdrawls so i have a few sips,then give my dh the rest. Glad the chiropracter helped. They usually dont work for me.

Afm: Work is boring and i did not want to leave my bed. The dh looked peaceful so i didnt have the heart to wake him up when i left. So i kissed him on his forehead and headed to work. I get to tell the managers they cant work me more than 10 hours so saturday cant repeat itself. I know im rambling so I'll get off here. Have a great morning ladies!!

Alix
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Posted from Samsung SPH-D710
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
LaylasMommy1014

Amy: I had the Mirena IUD from 6 weeks PP til July 19th. I had nothing but issues from it from day 1..so after finally just having enough of them all (bleeding 8 months, constant infections, feeling anxious all the time, to having meltdowns) I called the dr and they agreed that I need it out. Then came the atrophic vaginitis diagnosis last week from low estrogen. We've never had to use protection due to me being on yaz for the entire time until we decided to come off them and I got PG with layla 45 days later. The mini pill contains progestin only..which I bled on constantly..so Im not wanting to go through that again lol..Im enjoying no bleeding finally! Dr. M gave me a low dose combo pill to try, but you still run the risk of the estrogen drying up your milk supply. Im super stubborn and have 10 months invested into BF'ing. If my milk dried up now, I'd be one hot mama! So that was why (and to help my body rest!) I didnt start them, with DH's agreeance that he was to use protection EVERY SINGLE TIME. But after two times of him "forgetting (which is hard to remember when ive never had to use it lol) I think im just going to take the chance with the combo bcp after this cycle. According to FF, now that i O'd on the 8th, AF is due the 23rd, if im still on a 28day cycle like i was before layla. Guess we will find out. I do not want anymore children..DH would but financially, thats too much too soon. Plus we want to put Layla in private school.

Alix: Healthy Snacks are easy.. apples, cheeses (just not soft cheeses like Brie), watermelon, fruits, veggies, chicken salad should be fine, trail mix. Think things to give you energy. You should be able to have small amounts of caffine. They told me I could have a regular 8oz cup a day (even up to 2) with no issues. I switched to decaf anyway and kept small bottles of coke on hand to take 2-3 sips on a day to keep migraines at bay :smileyhappy:. I craved watermelon and bbq alot. lol like so much our local bbq place knew us by first name basis!  I survived school days by packing trail mix and taking apples. and Hummus...yumm!

♥ Brie ♥
My NFP Chart
Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
**Kasey.. 01/07/2003-12/24/2012. You were my heart, my soul, and my whole world, cancer may have taken you from me, but you'll never be forgotten. I have your pawprints forever on my heart.**
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
MommyAmy

Brie- I would love to put Nathan through private school as well, my DH's parents have offered to possibly help. Without the help we couldn't even think about it. My cycle is NOTHING like it was before Nathan, it's actually been the same length every time, not something I am used to at all. Weird we both craved watermelon, wonder what it is in it that we needed.

Alix- That sounds like a good salad, not incredibly calorie filled. Brie had some excellent ideas for food.

Tara- Hope all is well. Can't wait to hear how things went yesterday.

AFM- Chiropractor helped get my neck issues settled, massage tonight should help get things lose. So tight from my hike.
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
LaylasMommy1014

[ Edited ]

Amy: I have no idea..but i could never get enough watermelon. I went from watermelon to grapes and bbq. so good lol. Now I dont understand why i ate so much of either! I didnt have any cycles on the Mirena with BF'ing but I did have times I would bleed heavier (never needing more than a light tampon and never filling it) once a month so maybe that was an AF, but it was just more like heavier spotting because I spotted or lightly bled the entire 8 months i had it..it'll be interesting to see if my cycle is the same.  I used to be the textbook case. O on CD14, AF on the 28th day. So now I O'd on CD8.. idk! Lol. I've had weird bleeding patches ever since Layla was born too..i would stop bleeding at the 5th week PP, but then two days later, I started right back up, then it continued and with the iud placement..another 8 months..so Im so happy to not have any right now..you have no idea. :smileyhappy: You're lucky to have the in laws offering to help with private school! Thats great! DH's father had all 4 kids in private school.. I can't imagine!! I know one that is near us offers scholarships to pay for the tuition.

Tara: Anxiously waiting an update from you lady!!

afm- my chart has CH's!

♥ Brie ♥
My NFP Chart
Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
**Kasey.. 01/07/2003-12/24/2012. You were my heart, my soul, and my whole world, cancer may have taken you from me, but you'll never be forgotten. I have your pawprints forever on my heart.**
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
nursetara3

[ Edited ]

Hey ladies! So sorry, I made you guys wait. I totally forgot that I didn't update you like I said I was going to. She called about 20 minutes later than I expected. We talked for about 20 minutes or so. Updated her on where we are at with everything and what we were thinking. Asked her about allergies related to infertility and she said the studies are unclear. Basically, it sounded like they would mix up our medication regimine to try and get me to O earlier since she said eggs typically start to age after cd 17&18 and do IUI. That is what I was thinking about increasing the clomid. Sounds like they would maybe use something different than clomid. I thought they sounded more aggressive and into labs which I liked. I set up a consultation which is October 9th! They schedule really far out. I'm bummed we have to wait that long. The consult will be for IUI and IVF. She said they would want to test for ovarian reserve (an FSH and estriadiol level on CD3). I think I will call my regular doctor when AF comes along (hopefully she won't for a good reason). I need to figure out how to get my records to them. I did this online health questionaire with an account they set up for DH and I although I never saw the release of information that they said was on there somewhere. They also emailed me a price list for their basic services, IUI, and IVF. Seemss quite a bit more expensive then Dr. B. KMFC we can get PG on our own this month and can forgo all this. 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
alix_michelle

Brie: I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow for snacks so I'm going to grab a lot of fruits and veggies. Any yogurt suggestions? I'm not a big yogurt eater so I don't know what kind to get.

Amy: I've always liked salads and these ones are amazing! Just enough to fill you up. I don't eat watermelon and the dh is allergic so I can't eat it around him.

Tara: that's good news right? I hope you caught the egg and don't need all of that extra stuff.

Afm: I just got home from work. I'm exhausted. I can't take more of these 12 hour shifts. I'm off to take a nap.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 196 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: