Super Contributor
LaylasMommy1014

Re: August 2013 Board

Tara: He says hes ready, hes just been working so much and in the heat and humidity that hes drained.And he always waited a day or so after AF ended "just in case..its a guy thing" lol. Its just frustrating when its been 3 weeks now.I feel like im going to shrivel up and spit dust out of there LOL.

I do admire him for the way he works so hard though.

Breastfeeding is definitely great.. Its time consuming and takes alot out of you, but its so worth it. Layla has only had a case of the "sniffles" (a slightly stuffy nose) once. I know several other babies her age have been in and out of the hospital with all kinds of illnesses. My one friend didnt produce enough milk, but she tried. :smileyhappy: I had a mindset before Layla was born to go for 6-9 months, 9 months at max, 6 at min. But then I read the benefits of breastfeeding til at least a year, were so big that I decided to do a year. When I get determined, I am stubborn and want to make my goals. Chris always says its a blessing and a curse.  I suppose he is right :smileyhappy:

When i had the mirena removed, I noticed an increase in my supply, like a very big increase, so I am just going to for go any bcp til I wean layla, especially after seeing that difference. I still produced enough for her, but never enough to store anymore, so I gave up pumping. Chris is all for that, he prefers I dont go back on bcp even after weaning Layla, but even though I had a baby, I still worry about endometriosis coming back..so I prefer to go back on them.

So for now, im just going with figuring out my cycles again for now, charting, using protection, and keeping track of everything. :smileyhappy:

3 months of that is better than stressing for 9 months on how we will take care of JD, Layla, and another one.. and we couldnt afford for me to stay home another year with another one. And after staying with Layla, I'd be disappointed if i had another and couldnt give that one the same good start as I did with Layla :smileyhappy:

Ok enough rambling for me.

♥ Brie ♥
My NFP Chart
Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
**Kasey.. 01/07/2003-12/24/2012. You were my heart, my soul, and my whole world, cancer may have taken you from me, but you'll never be forgotten. I have your pawprints forever on my heart.**
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
vicki01rose

I am about 9 days away from testing....but if I were to test now would I be able to get a result? Or is it still too early?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
LaylasMommy1014

Victoria: it would likely still be too early. Most only detect from "5 days before your missed period", however, I found when I was PG, I got a false negative during those times. I even got a false negative on day 2 of my missed AF. It took til what would have been CD4 (what would have been AF)  to get a BFP for me. I used a cheapie dollar tree test at first on CD2 (what would have been anyway), and then i went to walmart to buy two of their brand tests. :smileyhappy: Maybe i would have gotten my BFP on CD2 if i had used those, but who knows.

I would wait and test when AF is actually late, that way you know something is definitely up before you spend money on tests, because we all know those arent cheap :smileywink: hope that helps!

♥ Brie ♥
My NFP Chart
**Kasey.. 01/07/2003-12/24/2012. You were my heart, my soul, and my whole world, cancer may have taken you from me, but you'll never be forgotten. I have your pawprints forever on my heart.**
Please use plain text.
Contributor
isramom

I'm copying my super-long post that I wrote on the other board.... those of you who already read it are welcome to ignore... :smileytongue:

Hi, ladies!  I keep meaning to post and keep getting distracted. :-/  I didn't mean to boycot (and I know that this board is up till the end of July), just got busy...job-hunting, apartment-hunting, and the like...  Sorry about that. :-/

Simone, I just asked for a hormonal profile.  But I would wait one normal period, at least, before checking anything, since before then your body probably won't be 100% back to normal.  I don't know why they want to get you checked out now.  Maybe it's just time for a checkup?  I hope Ty's birthday went okay.  Len is so cute!  Too bad you didn't get any pictures (to post).  I've had dreams like that, too.  I WISH I were pregnant.  And it sure doesn't help that everyone around me is either pregnant or just gave birth.  Ugh.  I'm sorry about the beta.  I tested yesterday (late period) and got 0.13.  Makes me really sad, even though I wasn't really expecting anything.  Thanks for stalking my chart. :smileyhappy:  Listen, what you guys are going through with Ty is really tough, on everyone.  I don't think that Eli's behavior or Ty's is your fault.  And you're doing what's important, by getting help for them both.  But it's DEFINITELY not your fault. 

Brie, I am so glad your insurance covered the Mirena removal!  That really is a relief, that you'll be done with it.  I get what you're saying, it is kind of nervewracking to have to worry about pregnancy....  Good luck with that test!  Hope you passed. :smileyhappy: Layla is so cute!  I agree with Tara - there are ways to be discreet.  We don't let guests bother us, we just do it quietly.  OTOH, we only have two weeks out of every month, so maybe it's different.  I don't think your DH would mind getting you pregnant, though, at least from what you've shared with us.... Yes, you are terrible.  Oh, well.  It's nice to know he's interested.  I am glad you are feeling so much better.  And I'm sorry you've had to deal with so much stuff lately.  Maybe you should try suing Mirena?  You could get billions of dollars (and give half of it to Tara for 5 IVF babies).

Haley, congrats!  Doesn't sound like you had an easy birth, but at least she is here!  Glad everything is going well so far. :smileyhappy:

Tara, I agree that it's worth a shot with 100mg.  But I'm not a doctor and get why he's nervous...  We really are the only ones left...wonder who'll get a BFP first. :smileyvery-happy:  You had a really good LP this past month!  BTW the best way to get AF is to take a HPT.  Always (well, 99% of the time) works.  Hmm, maybe I shouldn't come on the board anymore.  I feel every time I come back after a bit of a break, I see that you're on CD2 or 3.  If I stay away, so will your AF, right?  LOL.  That IVF plan sounds like it might be worth it for you.  Oh, no, I can't believe they messed up so badly....and now you lose a whole month.  That really stinks. :'(

Gina, those are gorgeous pictures.  I'm sorry about the reflux and milk allergies.  Hopefully you will find something that works for him and you'll all have it easier.

Christine, I am so glad you reached your due date with a healthy 3 week old!  I hope the boys are feeling better already!  Yes, nursing and typing are two activities that are really hard to do at the same time.

Nicole, it looks like you boycotted the board, too.  How are you doing?

AFM - After one and a half failed interviews and over a 175 CV's, I have a job.  Except that it's in Dimona.  Which means we will have to move cities.  Here's a link (copy and paste, I guess): maps.google.co.il/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

I took B6 from O and on, and ended up with a 16 day LP.  Kind of wondering if it was a chemical.  But if it was, my levels were back down to 0.13 at 16DPO.  Because of my previous cycles, we "decided" that if we made it to a 14 day LP, I was probably pregnant.  I guess not....Honestly, I have kind of given up.  On the one hand, back to normal - woke up with my period and didn't have weird staining before.  On the other hand, it's too "light", it looks empty...know what I mean?  Same amount, but it's not the same stuff...  Whatever, I think my body went cukoo, and am trying to come to terms with the fact that we probably won't have the big family we dreamed of.

I just noticed that the link doesn't show the distance.  So put in "get directions" and in one box put Jerusalem, and in the other put Dimona.  And then you'll see what I mean...

My Ovulation Chart

Angel baby 16/4/2013
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
LaylasMommy1014

isra: that seems a little strange, but i've had cycles like that as well.

afm- ran out of lavender oil, and nothing is helping. I used the aquaphur and it seemed to make it worse. Called Dr M's office, but really I just want answers and to get rid of the burning.. for real. DH doesnt want to touch me, and Im ready to cry, scream, and smack him for that and just cry and scream out of frustration for no answers. The nurse just called and she is at a loss, and she said she is going to get ahold of Dr. M and call me back.

I know it sounds weird, but I feel raw there, but no inflammation or irritation is present. /and of course, all test results were fine. I think im just going to cry

♥ Brie ♥
My NFP Chart
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
LaylasMommy1014

Called the doctor, they want me to go see a dermatologist for the burning feelings.. I am beginning to think its a urological problem, but will go see a dermatologist, and if that doesnt yield results, i'll be going to urologist. Something isnt right, and I sure wont accept a "thats just the way its going to be" result.

I believe im going to have to cave on my "no bcp until i wean layla" stance. We DTD (because DH said he was tired of hearing me complain...wait..what? i thought i had a good valid reason..lol) and DH "forgot" that we had to use protection and "forgot" to withdrawl. Now, he really could have forgotten, we cant risk that.

how is everyone else?

♥ Brie ♥
My NFP Chart
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
MommyAmy

[ Edited ]

Just peaking in to check on everyone.  Hope all is well.  I see Nicole had her little one!  Very exciting.  Things are good here.  I too am using FF to try to avoid getting pregnant.  I had to take something to get Nathan so I figure avoiding the times I'm fertile should work just fine.  If not I suppose I wouldn't mind, though Nathan still isn't quite walking and that was my criteria before trying for another.

Just realized they changed the login stuff... this is Amy

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

Moms-to-be, make sure to check out your due date club!

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Kid of the Week Photo Contest

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
User Likes Count
Users Online
Currently online: 7 members 295 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: