Regular Contributor
MommyAmy

Re: April Board

Tara- the sheets are super easy, pretty much a rectangle with the corners cut out... sew those together, add elastic.
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Posted from Samsung SPH-L710
Super Contributor
LaylasMommy1014

Tara: It did start thursday, then stopped, then started again for most of friday after I posted and finished saturday morning..its that Lo Loestrin Fe .. my AF is short (only two placebo pills) and very light..but at least I got a somewhat normal one this time lol. I  made Layla's blankets (two of them actually)..sewed them by hand and intended to make one more after she arrived.. No such luck LOL!  I didn't add any satin edges or anything, just a a basic blanket..two pieces of fabric sewn together. :smileyhappy:

Amy: Girl you have more creativity than anyone I know! I couldnt do it! I fail at most projects I attempt.. lol. I love making Tutu's because they don't require too much accuracy. like I said to Tara, I made Layla's blankets and pillow cases, but I couldn't do sheets! More power to you woman! Do you sew with a machine? I dont have one so im sewing by hand which takes forever.. and ever.. lol. I'd like to learn crochet, but I can barely sit down or go to the bathroom by myself so i don't see that happening until after I graduate.

Jessie: Sorry lady :smileyhappy: I'm not prego. We are going to make our decision about TTC next month. I have to first have a repeat pap from my LEEP i had done in january. Because I had such a fast moving set of bad cells and they were more extensive than they thought, my husband and i dont feel comfortable with TTC until we know for sure that the LEEP was sucessful. I'd rather take a little precaution so I can live long enough to see my children grow up than rush into TTC and find out I'm pregnant and have to terminate due to cervical cancer.And I graduate with my degree in July, so i want to wait until May before ttc. However, I was pregnant before and you can talk and ask any questions. You wont' bother me. Or any of these ladies.. Most are pregnant right now as well :smileyhappy: Welcome and hope you stick around!

Isra: Congrats!!! Thats so exciting!! :smileyhappy: When do you think your Due date is so I can add it to the list? ((HUGS))

Simone: Happy birthday to your boys! So glad it went well!

Alix: Hope you and Bryce are well!!

afm- I'm getting my wisdom teeth out next wednesday, nervous but excited!  Just plugging along in school (getting towards the end of the semester, so if I disappear, thats why! ) . I am registering for my final semester now, and should be able to apply for graduation here as well! Super excited!! I keep thinking had I not had Layla, I'd be graduating next month, but oh well, she was worth the slight delay :smileywink:

Well..i gotta go finish registering

♥ Brie ♥
My NFP Chart
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
**Kasey.. 01/07/2003-12/24/2012. You were my heart, my soul, and my whole world, cancer may have taken you from me, but you'll never be forgotten. I have your pawprints forever on my heart.**
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Super Contributor
nursetara3

Amy- That sounds pretty simple. The elastic is what sounds trickly to sew on. 

Simone- Happy Birthday to your boys! Glad Ty could join in on the celebration!

Brie- Ah gotcha, that makes sense. My sister made my nephew a blanket like those when he was a baby. That is beyond exciting that you're registering for your last clasess! Wooo hooo! Well worth the wait for sure!

Regular Contributor
MommyAmy

Brie- I do love me a good creative project.  My counselor actually told me to make sure I do something creative as she thinks it's good for my anxiety.  I'm thinking she didn't mean go overboard... but I can't help it. LOL  I have a sewing machine... I have little patience for hand sewing, I am perfectly capable but doing a whole blanket sounds crazy.  I did make a really neat quiet book page (or two) that was mostly hand sewn, I love how it turned out but talk about work.  Sewing machines are your friend. LOL

Tara- Here is the tutorial for the crib sheet that I found.
http://www.luvinthemommyhood.com/2010/05/crib-toddler-bed-sheet-tutorial-with.html?m=1

AFM- We had a good night at Salish.  I missed the little man but not nearly as badly as I thought I would.  He had an absolute blast with Grandma and Papa.  I'm glad that we did this night before baby gets here so he is ready for that.  And here's another picture from Nathans party (if you want to see some of my creativity... I made the train :smileywink:)

IMG_2862postsmaller.jpg

Regular Contributor
MommyAmy

[ Edited ]

And since I mentioned the quiet book pages... most of them can be found here... I was particularly talking about the caterpillar and the carrot one, the other ones were mostly done with the machine.

http://msflutterbycrafts.blogspot.com/2012_08_01_archive.html

That's an old blog I used to do.  My current blog is... well... very behind thanks little sister.  I just don't have the energy for that and everything else right now.

I should add in that I never finished that quiet book.  I've been hoping to finish up a few more pages and give it to Nathan instead as my friends son I was making it for is a) to old for it now b) not really one who would have used it anyways.  I did finish a few more pages but never posted them.

Regular Contributor
elafunie

[ Edited ]

Good Luck today Tara!

Hello Ladies :smileyhappy:

Wow, I missed a couple pages since Fri...I was off yesterday to bring the boys to the doctor. Playing catch up here this morning so I'll be back to read...

Love and ((HUGS)) ♥

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Super Contributor
LaylasMommy1014

Tara: Can't wait to find out what the baby is!!  :smileyhappy: I'll be adding it to the list :smileyhappy:

Amy: Do you have a name for little sister yet? Let me know when you do, and I'll add it too.

GINA, same goes for you :smileywink: let me know when you have a name so I can add it as well.

afm- Super excited about graduation.. I haven't done the application yet because I'm not sure I want to attend the commencement ceremony, I wouldn't want Layla not to attend, but I don't have anyone to watch her either (that wouldn't be attending or want to attend the ceremony as well) . I'm considering skipping comencement, and have a get together at a restuarant with my family and friends to celebrate my graudation instead. What do you guys think? Chris says its up to me, but I'm really torn about it.. I know Layla can barely sit still for 30 mins without squirming and throwing a fit unless you are moving with the stroller.. let alone sit from A to Hargrave on a graduation list!! lol

♥ Brie ♥
My NFP Chart
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
**Kasey.. 01/07/2003-12/24/2012. You were my heart, my soul, and my whole world, cancer may have taken you from me, but you'll never be forgotten. I have your pawprints forever on my heart.**
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 78 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: