Super Contributor
nursetara3

Re: April Board

Brie- Ah, I see we posted at the same time. I'll send some prayers your guys' way! I really hope they can find a better answers than those possibilities. One step at a time. Hugs!

Please use plain text.
Frequent Contributor
jessieaherold

I have a question not sure if it may sound a little stupid but I am going to ask it anyways. I should get the results of my blood work to check for my hormone levels to make sure they were rising properly. Is there a way to tell from the HCG levels whether or not I am having twins?  I have done some research on the topic and am not really finding a lot of information on the topic to give me a better understanding.  I am really curious to find out, especially since the lady who drew my blood yesterday told me she has a feeling that I will be having twins before I could even said anything about the possibility of havign twins.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
elafunie

Tara: There you are!! YAY TEAM PINK! Congratulations! Now you can start searching for little girl names :smileyhappy:

Brie: It's gotta be from the missing pills. Oh no, poor Chris, he's really been going through a lot lately with his ears and now this. I'll be praying for both of you ((HUGS))
Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
elafunie

[ Edited ]

Jessie: If the numbers are higher, mine were when I was pregnant with Lucas and he was a twin. There will be a noticable difference from a singleton pregnancy. Keep us posted!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Please use plain text.
Contributor
isramom

[ Edited ]

Ok sorry ladies.

In answer to your questions:
Right now I am 5w4d. Due date around Dec. 8. I went to the doctor and asked for a progesterone test, he said my levels were fine but gave me the referral anyways as well as a referral for an hcg test. I did them both with a bunch of other tests (that I asked a regular doctor for a few months ago because I've been sick a lot), and the hcg came back 6466, prog 37.60. I also told the doctor that I've been having bad cramps on one side (I figured, correctly, that it was constipation but that doesn't make me less paranoid) and he offered to do an ultrasound so I agreed. Braced myself to see just a sac because I'm only 5 weeks, and thank G-d that is exactly what we saw, except that we also saw the embryo, which I hadn't realized we would see. Just one in there, so that's another worry off my head. I'd love twins but I want another regular birth behind me first. I've never had an ultrasound this early, so it was kind of cool. But for the next one no way am I going alone.
Also, he asked when my LMP was and I told him but when he said I was 5w5d I told him that I think (I know, but think is nicer) that I o'd late so I'm a few days less. He didn't give me a hard time, and when he looked at the u/s he said it was 5 and a half weeks, just like I'd said. Made me feel better that I know what I'm talking about and he doesn't give me a hard time. Good, too, because there are only 2 ob/gyns in the area who work with my health fund, and he's one of them. He also said that they don't usually do blood tests before they see a heartbeat. Never heard that before, but I guess it varies by doctor. He told me to go for another u/s next week, but I don't know if I should or if I should wait until 7 weeks or 7+. In other words, since it's not urgent, I'm wondering what will be better for our mental health. DH was relieved to see the u/s pic, I hadn't realized how worried he was until I saw his relief.

We accidentally told DS about the baby a week ago and he got really excited. He loves babies and is so ready to be a big brother. I hope we make it this time. He keeps pulling up my shirt to see the baby. And giving it hugs and kisses.
Also, I have this feeling it's a girl. Don't know why but I knew really early that DS was a boy and then we found out my gut was right. With my second pregnancy I waited and waited for that gut feeling but it never came. Hopefully the fact that it did this time (and if I remember correctly, earlier than with DS) is a good sign.

Jessica, sometimes you can tell from the hcg levels, but remember that there is a wide range of normal levels, even for singletons, so a high level isn't a guarantee. Also, remember that twins, especially ivf twins, come with a lot of additional risks. I can't say that I wouldn't love twins myself, but you do have a higher chance of a live baby with only one in there. So if you have twins - great. If not - it's all for the best. Good luck!

My Ovulation Chart

Angel baby 16/4/2013
Posted from Android 4.1
Please use plain text.
Contributor
isramom

[ Edited ]

Tara, that is great that you found out the gender! I bet you will love having a girl. :smileyhappy: wow, 19 weeks already! We're cheering for you!

Brie congrats on signing up for your last course! You have been at this waaay too long! Wow, that is a big deal. And both of you will be under the weather. Good luck to you both, I hope everything turns out okay.

My Ovulation Chart

Angel baby 16/4/2013
Posted from Android 4.1
Please use plain text.
Contributor
isramom

[ Edited ]

Nicole, thanks for the good wishes. :smileyhappy:

I know I'm missing people but after my previous mixup I think I'd best stop typing.

My Ovulation Chart

Angel baby 16/4/2013
Posted from Android 4.1
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 17 members 3,379 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: