Occasional Contributor
maleahasmith

Let's Introduce Ourselves!

Hi all,

I thought maybe we could introduce ourselves so we could get to know each other a bit. I joined a board through American Baby (back before it was a part of Parents) roughly 8 years ago when I was pregnant with my first daughter. A lot of us formed really great relationships and went on to meet some of the other Mommas in person. We are still a really close knit group that now connect through Facebook and enjoy watching our kids grow up "together." I hope we will do the same!

A little bit about me ...

My name is Maleaha (Muh-LEE-uh) and I am a 28 year old Momma to my 7 and 4 year old daughters, Londyn and Knightley. I am a full-time working Momma and work for a local Chamber of Commerce. We have a busy country home with lots of chickens, two dogs, and various other critters.

I remarried after a divorce with the girls' dad and my husband and I have been TTC for quite some time. I have PCOS, Hashimoto's, and other unexplained fertility issues. My DH had issues with viscocity and motility in regard to his semen analyses. After fertility treatments and long awaited anticipation, we are happy to be expecting! This is my husbands first biological child. We are cautiously optimistic as our progesterone levels are quite low. I'm currently taking 200mg of prometrium 2x/day and hoping it does the trick!

I'm looking forward to "meeting" you all and getting to know you!

Maleaha

DH: Stephen (27)
DD: Londyn (7) and Knightley (4)

PCOS, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, and Male Factor Infertility

4w 4d: Beta 541, Progesterone 6.3
4w 6d: Beta 1433 (YAY!), Progesterone 6.4
6w 5d: Progesterone 8.6, Fetal HR 133

BabyFruit Ticker
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
mommykatie14

Re: Let's Introduce Ourselves!

Hi Maleaha, nice to meet you! I'm Katie, Mom to Jake (4) and expecting baby #2 on 2/22. I had to take progesterone with my son and again now with this pregnancy. My levels are always low for some reason.

I hope all continues to go well with your pregnancy! I will be praying for you! I'm excited to experience this pregnancy with support and friendship from everyone here.
Katie
Mom to our sweet boy Jake (4) and expecting baby #2 2/22/2015!
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
maleahasmith

Thanks, Katie! The progesterone is something new for me. Did you take it until week 12 or longer?

Nice to me you, too!

Maleaha

BabyFruit Ticker
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mwells496

Hi Male ha and Katie I'm Megan! I'm due February 26th and this will be #1 :smileyhappy:. Pretty nervous as this pregnancy was planned but excited at the same time. Nice to meet you both!
Posted from Generic Android
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
maleahasmith

Hi Katie!

Planned or unplanned, number one or number three, I think there's always a level of nervousness! I'm sure you will do great. My best advice? Don't listen to half of it you're given. ;-) Trust your instincts! I'm here to chat if you want or need!

Maleaha

BabyFruit Ticker
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
maleahasmith

Whoops. I meant Megan. Forgive my tired self today!

Maleaha

BabyFruit Ticker
Posted from Apple iPhone
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mwells496

Oops sorry Maleaha I meant unplanned. Big surprise! Thanks for the advice :smileyhappy: I had a stillbirth about 4 years ago and although it broke my heart I'm thankful to have no more ties with the father as he was abusive. This pregnancy I wasn't with the father for long and my birth control failed. He's being great though. I am just super nervous as I suffer ptsd from my mom's death so I have bad anxiety and it will be tough without the medication but I know I can do this. :smileyhappy:
Posted from Generic Android
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Top Liked Authors
User Likes Count
Users Online
Currently online: 17 members 452 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: