Visitor
peachykeengrl18

chest pains during third trimester

For the past weeks I have been having really bad chest pains that pretty much keep me in bed because the more I walk the more it hurts. Yes I did have a similar problem before I was pregnant but had tons of tests done and everything was normal. This is why I haven't gone to the hospital. I also have ibs and gastroparisis which means part of my stomach is paralized, I also have acid reflux. I also have bad anxiety. So obviously I was on a lot if meds before I was pregnant but have been going without but recently they had just put me on pepcid for severe heartburn and had said that it could be gas and all my stomach problems causing the pain. And also something to take as needed for anxiety. Last night the chest pains got so bad that I almost called the ambulance. I guess my question is has anyone else dealt with anything simular to this? And if so what happened, what helped, and what could it be? I'm only 31 weeks and spend all my time in bed and can't do anything and my doc acts like everything is no big deal. Any advice I would appreciate, I'm miserable and in a lot of pain. Thank you.
Posted from Samsung SCH-I747
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
anna.yakir87

Re: chest pains during third trimester

Hey I am 33 weeks pregnant but know how you feel. The chest spasms could be caused by a pinched nerve in your back or back spasms. I had this issue prior to my pregnancy and went to cardiologist he ran tests they were all normal and decided to take a look at my back and thats what it was. After a few sessions of physical therapy I was so much better. About anxiety, I have that too take it easy drink chamomile but not too much because it can cause early contractions. Other then that I started taking something called SAM-e however its more for depression then anxiety and you should speak to your OB prior to starting anything. Try to find out if where you live theres a reproductive psychiatrist you can see. All the best and I hope I helped at least a little.
Posted from Samsung SCH-I545
Please use plain text.
Announcements

Welcome to the community!

Please read the forum guidelines.

For questions about the community, send a message to our moderator, Christine.

Ask a Question
Users Online
Currently online: 9 members 641 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: